IGNORED

616,300 - Nights 12 and 13: Valentine's Day excuse

RSS Bot

No update yesterday and a brief posting tonight. Sorry (to whoever reads this, all one of you), but last night me and my wife had a babysitter for the first time in ages, so I could hardly say "Hey beautiful, fantastic wife who is way out of my league but has somehow never realized it, let's pass on Valentine's Day festivities so I can play a mediocre arcade translation on a 25 year old system. And just go burn that nighty, because I have an imaginary girlfriend I have to save from an imaginary ape."

The oddest thing is not that I only kind of see how that would be the wrong thing to say, but that she is so awesome she would probably have said "sure, I'll watch you play it. Would you like a beer." I lucked out something amazing.

Anyway, I played a round tonight and got 70,000. I was trying something new. I was trying to carrel (carol, carel? The thing cowboys do) the Fox Fires in a way that let me use both hammers on them. As that score makes pretty plain, so far it is not working. However, it felt like it was the correct way to handle it for maximum points, so I'm going to keep at it. Also, there is something very rewarding about killing those Fox Fires. Don't let PETA see video of me doing it though. They'll throw blood on me or something.

I think most people say the barrel level is their favorite in this game. Mine is the plug screen. No matter what you try in that one, the Fox Fires can always pull something unpredicted and end your game. It gives the game a lot of its lasting appeal. And again, they're fun little guys to beat the head off of.

Highest score today: 70,000

Highest score ever: 161,500

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=350&showentry=6844