IGNORED

unfortunatly in polish

Heaven/TQA

That's all right, we can use translators! :)

I'm just as proud of my heritage and language, fortunately English is a world language, but if not, I'd still use it for all my web sites. :D

I'm happy they are supporting Atari's still, even if I have to use a translator program on the net or learn Polish! :)

BAH!, HUMBUG! I just found out that the FREETRANSLATION website does not support Polish translations! :x :sad: :!:

Tell your friends to make a mirror site in any of these languages so we can get it tranlated and enjoy: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French.

I really want to enjoy those sites, and if it were in even German I could read it without tranlation (for the most part; my german is not good, but I can get by when it comes to reading-I can't speak or write it though...)

Frankly, I’m glad the pages are in Polish, even if I don’t know how to read them.  I think it’s exciting that there are Atari resources available for those who are most comfortable in Polish.

I agree with that, but many german sites have an option to choose between German and English, so why can't they have an option for another language too?

Frankly, I’m glad the pages are in Polish, even if I don’t know how to read them.  I think it’s exciting that there are Atari resources available for those who are most comfortable in Polish.

I agree with that, but many german sites have an option to choose between German and English, so why can't they have an option for another language too?

Maybe these authors want to stick to what they’re best at. I’ve seen many sites presented in two or more languages, and sometimes the translations leave much to be desired. As a native English speaker I can attest that sometimes I would rather read the original German, French, whatever because the English version is too unintelligible! And frankly, even though I can write in a few different languages, there’s only one that I write well.* So, I’m not going to take these Polish writers to task for not writing in English or some other language they’ve not chosen to use. If they end up making their site multilingual, great, and if they don’t, that’s fine too.

* That’s English, in case you were wondering. :P

• 9 months later...

Well, ATARI-AREA is for sure the biggest Polish site on Atari computers (especially 8-bit). I suppose there is no English version there due to fact there is nobody willing to do that. As you might know translating all texts from that site, that are growing fastly, would take veeeeery much time. :ponder: :P