IGNORED

Ransom's Random Posts - A snapshot of my collection

RSS Bot

From time to time I like to step back and take a look at how my collection is shaping up. It may be that I find holes in my collection where I need to spend more time finding one or more great games for a system. Or it may be that, like earlier this year, I find that there are several games that I just do not play, and I sell those games off.

At any rate, here's the number of CIB games I have for each of the systems for which I collect:

Atari 2600: 87

Atari 5200: 39

Atari 7800: 7

Atari 8-Bit Computer: 124

Atari Jaguar: 11

Atari Lynx: 24

Colecovision: 20

Intellivision: 63

Turbografx-16: 13

NES: 11

SNES: 8

Genesis: 18

PS: 3

PS2: 16

Obviously my A8 games collection is still the largest portion of my overall collection. That's because I've been collecting those the longest. I have previously collected and sold off most of the other systems in the 90s. But not the A8. That software has been with me a long time.

I also have a lot of 2600 carts, but that's probably not surprising to anyone since I am after all a member of this website! What did surprise me was realizing I have 63 Intellivision games. I don't play most of them, though, so perhaps that's one group of games that's ripe for pruning.

At this point, I'd like to concentrate on getting more games for the ColecoVision and a few more for the 5200. Those are the systems I enjoy the most right now (along with select Intellivision games). The later systems (NES and beyond) will have to wait their turn.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=251&showentry=6846