IGNORED

How Blip the Digital Game really works

jboypacman

Hey... thanks for posting that. It was very interesting. I sat there and watched the entire thing. I used to play that game under the covers with my brother when we were supposed to be sleeping. With that noise, its no wonder my mother always knew we were playing around instead of sleeping.

My first encounter with some older handhelds was when I dug around in my foster-brothers closet. I found a Coleco tabletop of Pacman and Frogger. I played them until I wore them out. I loved those things.

They also introduced me to a computer game... but I have no clue what it was. They wandered around, and there were a lot of symbols. I think the main player was an X or a plus sign. I always wanted to figure out what that game was, but never did.

Memories! :)

Hey... thanks for posting that. It was very interesting. I sat there and watched the entire thing. I used to play that game under the covers with my brother when we were supposed to be sleeping. With that noise, its no wonder my mother always knew we were playing around instead of sleeping.

My first encounter with some older handhelds was when I dug around in my foster-brothers closet. I found a Coleco tabletop of Pacman and Frogger. I played them until I wore them out. I loved those things.

They also introduced me to a computer game... but I have no clue what it was. They wandered around, and there were a lot of symbols. I think the main player was an X or a plus sign. I always wanted to figure out what that game was, but never did.

Memories! :)

I never knew or realized just how Blip worked until recent years just so interesting to see one taken apart like that and watching all the parts move.

My sister had a Blip when we were kids(around 1978 or 1980)and i wanted one so bad when i would go visit her(we had different parents).

Love all the toys and games from the late 70s/early 80s i hope to get a few of those electronic games someday(Thanks to you Eric i will be getting my first tabletop game soon). :)

I took apart my Blip back in the 70's so I actually have seen most of what those guys show you. :D Incidentally, they really suck at the game :lol:. Half their problem is they're trying to use only one finger/hand for the most part (the guy sometimes even keeps a finger on the serve switch for some reason). But yeah, there is a pattern and once you know it the game kinda stops being a challenge since you could just play forever. :P

I have one of these, too, never took it apart, though. I made a video of it a while back, check my link:

Since I never play it I might let it go, too neat to not love a bit every now and then.

That's cool! What would you want for it?

I have no idea, but I'm open to trades. I know, I'll trade a working SNES power supply for it easy. PM me if you have one.

I have one of these, too, never took it apart, though. I made a video of it a while back, check my link:

Since I never play it I might let it go, too neat to not love a bit every now and then.

I have no idea, but I'm open to trades. I know, I'll trade a working SNES power supply for it easy. PM me if you have one.

If he doesn't have one, I'd be glad to trade you one.

Ya know, for over 30 years I've been pronouncing it "Tommy' (like a guy's name). Boy, do I feel stupid. :)

your very own blip will be shipped out tomorrow bro.have fun,me and my son played it for awhile and had fun with it.

Thanks bro! Been wanting one for a very long time and finally i will have one. icon_mrgreen.gif

Hmmm, sounds like the source material for a jboy youtube video :D

Actually Jeremy i showed it in brief in that trades/finds/ect. video i did and we actually did another video with it and that Excaliber Space Invaders table top game i got for the Game-Blips YouTube channel but its not up yet.

Edited by jboypacman

• 2 weeks later...

For fun I checked eBay and there wa a Blip listed for sale. I got it for $4.99 and have been in Blip bliss ever since last week :)

For fun I checked eBay and there wa a Blip listed for sale. I got it for $4.99 and have been in Blip bliss ever since last week :)

too cool Goochman! Time to do a Blip! owners roll call....Jboypacman.....here.....Goochman....here....lol.

Edited by jboypacman