IGNORED

Planet Bob - Mii and the Wii - 1 / 2010

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Well, this last two months probably were the busiest for my Wii ever! Not only did I get games for Christmas either straight or sponsored with cash or Amazon gift certificates, I also traded in some of my older games.

The list of games I'm done with: Zelda TP, Excite Truck, Metal Slug Anthology, Geometry Wars, Bully :thumbsup:, Zack & Wiki :thumbsup:, SMG, Disaster :thumbsup:, MP 3 :thumbsup:, Fire Emblem :thumbsup:, de Blob, Lego Indiana Jones, Okami, No More Heros :thumbsup:, MadWorld, Force Unleashed, Wario Land, RE4, RE:UC, Another Code :thumbsup:, Anno, Cursed Mountain :thumbsup:

New entries in my Wii collection:

Metroid Prime Trilogy => I've been very disappointed by this one. I couldn't get warm with the two Cube titles regardless of the improved controls, and so the compilation package overall felt a lot worse than MP3 standalone.

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles => Basially the same game as Umbrella Chronicles, with improved graphics though. After sinking almost 30 hours into UC already, I put this one aside after 10 already.

Mini Ninjas => This one was pretty boring to play and the story didn't spark my interest either, so I stopped playing after approx. 5 hours.

Firefighter => Well, this really is a low budget production, lacking polish everywhere. I also found the mission obectives often pretty confusing. I had seen enough after the 3rd mission.

Dead Space Extraction => This one blew me away. With killer graphics, more innovation than all other Wii Railshooters combined and a fresh, thrilling storyline, this is THE MUST HAVE GUIDED FIRST PERSON EXPERIENCE on the Wii! And I'm saying that while actually hating EA... :thumbsup:

Muramasa - The Demon Blade => Marvellously beautiful 2D graphics and solid button mashing gameplay get bogged down by grinding repetetive gameplay and a totally japanesified plot - I didn't get anything of the story :ponder: Still kinda okay, I even managed playing completely through one of the two storylines :lolblue:

Tasunoko vs. Capcom => As far as beat'em ups go this one seems to be pretty good. I beat it with almost every character from the Capcom rooster until I got bored and put it away after ~10 hours.

Little Kings Story => Sitting ready to go on the shelf :)

==========================================

WiiWares:

Here's an exceptional one-time return of this column, since I also got 2000 Wii points for christmas ;)

Arkanoid Plus => With infinite continues I beat it in less than 2 hours never touching it since :ponder:

FFCC: My Life as a Darklord => Brilliant Tower Defense variant! I played this little gem almost 30 hours. Very, very recommended, about the only WiiWare I don't regret buying! :thumbsup:

My current shopping list:

Overlord Dark Legend => The only game remaining from my previous list. Still waiting for the price to drop though ;)

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers => Ignoring all warnings, I just have to try this one! :D

Fragile Dreams => This looks like having outstanding storytelling and a unique atmosphere. An absolute must have for me!

Silent Hill - Shattered Memories => My first ever Silent Hill game, I've only seen the movie so far. Looks like yet another excellent spooky Wii Adventure after Cursed Mountain!

My future Hopelist:

Monster Hunter 3 => Well, I'm usually no fan of Online games, but maybe this one changes everything?

Samurai Heroes 3 => Hehe, Thank heavens Capcom Japan starts delivering again, putting an end to all the trash releases that the hopeless American office was cranking out...

Tales of Graces => Being a mothership title of a major series, this should finally end the RPG draught on the Wii, shouldn't it?

Metroid Other M => All I've seen or heard from this game so far was great, I can't wait to play this sure-fire masterpiece.

Enclave => Okay so it's another XBOX conversion. Here's hope it'll become a very good one though :)

The Tower of Shadow => Could this be a really good game or is it just some more gimmicky toying with a physics engine?

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=blog&blogid=54&showentry=6850