IGNORED

Flashback 2+ Prototype and More...

Curt Vendel

Hi,

I'm trying something new out. I'm going to run some private auctions for various items. To test things out, I've so far listed 3 items, but tomorrow I'm going to post around 10 more.

I'm auctioning off one of the only prototypes of the Flashback 2+ consoles, this unit contains Star Raiders on it, which is not included in the production versions because the electrical voltage of the FB2's is 3.3v and the stock video touchpads won't work without replacing the resistors in them.

One of the other things I'm doing is I've spent the past couple of months organizing and sorting through the Atari Museum archives, this has been a monumental task, so far I've cataloged over 28,000 documents (nope, that is not a typo) and I've been working on mechanical drawings and schematics for sorting. During this I've found duplicates of many drawings, so I'm going to make duplicates available to the public.

I've just posted up a duplicate set of original PCB films for the Atari Lynx II and drawings of the Atari "LST" which was the codename for the Atari STacy laptop.

The auctions system still has a few rough around the edge's parts, but overall is working very well, so I'm going to try it out and if it works well I'll start posting up several hundred items for auction.

So give it a try:

http://www.legacyengineer.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=38

Curt

Hi,

I'm trying something new out. I'm going to run some private auctions for various items. To test things out, I've so far listed 3 items, but tomorrow I'm going to post around 10 more.

I'm auctioning off one of the only prototypes of the Flashback 2+ consoles, this unit contains Star Raiders on it, which is not included in the production versions because the electrical voltage of the FB2's is 3.3v and the stock video touchpads won't work without replacing the resistors in them.

One of the other things I'm doing is I've spent the past couple of months organizing and sorting through the Atari Museum archives, this has been a monumental task, so far I've cataloged over 28,000 documents (nope, that is not a typo) and I've been working on mechanical drawings and schematics for sorting. During this I've found duplicates of many drawings, so I'm going to make duplicates available to the public.

I've just posted up a duplicate set of original PCB films for the Atari Lynx II and drawings of the Atari "LST" which was the codename for the Atari STacy laptop.

The auctions system still has a few rough around the edge's parts, but overall is working very well, so I'm going to try it out and if it works well I'll start posting up several hundred items for auction.

So give it a try:

Curt

What happened to the auction? I had put a first preliminary bid in for the Proto.

Well, someone did a Buy it Now, that was quick, maybe I'll omit the Buy It Now for a bit and just let bidding go, also the way the auction ends with a Buy it now doesn't fully show it correctly, just says it ended without the reserve being met (even though it was) and I need to see about correcting that minor issue.

Going to add a lot more stuff today...

Curt

Hi,

So give it a try:

Curt

What happened to the auction? I had put a first preliminary bid in for the Proto.

Well, someone did a Buy it Now, that was quick, maybe I'll omit the Buy It Now for a bit and just let bidding go, also the way the auction ends with a Buy it now doesn't fully show it correctly, just says it ended without the reserve being met (even though it was) and I need to see about correcting that minor issue.

I saw the BIN and and really thought about it since I always wanted the FB2+ but could not justify the cost, but I somehow I could justify the proto in my head.

Now, I need to get the Star Raiders controller.

Edited by Almost Rice

Congrats Toan!

I'll have that shipped out to you tomorrow.

Curt

I saw the BIN and and really thought about it since I always wanted the FB2+ but could not justify the cost, but I somehow I could justify the proto in my head.

Now, I need to get the Star Raiders controller.

Okay, the previous system was too rough around the edges, so I just installed a new auctioning system into place which is both more feature rich, stable and nicer visually and will allow better photo's and such, so from now on, any Atari Museum auctions will be here:

http://www.legacyengineer.com/auctions/

PS: I just posted up a few hardware items to start and will move all of the schematics and docs over tomorrow...

Curt

Okay, the previous system was too rough around the edges, so I just installed a new auctioning system into place which is both more feature rich, stable and nicer visually and will allow better photo's and such, so from now on, any Atari Museum auctions will be here:

Do I have to register again? I could not login to make bids.

Hi,

Yes, I should've mentioned that you need to register for a new account, sorry.

Curt

Do I have to register again? I could not login to make bids.