IGNORED

Now i Know why The post office keeps raising the rates...must see!

Rev

spacer.gif Detailed Results:

spacer.gifspacer.gifbullet_circle.gif Delivered, February 25, 2010, 12:03 pm, PIGEON FORGE, TN 37863

bullet_circle.gif Sorting Complete, February 25, 2010, 8:19 am, PIGEON FORGE, TN 37863

bullet_circle.gif Arrival at Post Office, February 25, 2010, 7:29 am, PIGEON FORGE, TN 37863

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 24, 2010, 12:27 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30369

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 23, 2010, 8:52 am, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 20, 2010, 11:20 am, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 18, 2010, 4:06 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 17, 2010, 12:43 am, ATLANTA, GA 30369

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 12, 2010, 6:25 am, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 11, 2010, 10:56 am, ATLANTA, GA 30369

bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, February 09, 2010, 3:39 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

bullet_circle.gif Acceptance, February 08, 2010, 10:43 am, BRASELTON, GA 30517

ok at this usps tracking info for a package i sent an AA member,the package went back and forth between atlanta and memphis multiple times.this is ridiculous!!!

Talk about wasting time and money :roll:

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 2

Is there a black hole somewhere in Georgia that I don't know about? It looks like your package was trying to escape to Tennessee but kept getting sucked back into Atlanta.

must be!

but seriously, does someone have some inside info on the inner workings of the postal service?

why would they do this? The clerk told me 7 to 10 days shipping time,not 17!!!!.......i have a feeling this is not an isolated incedent.

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

I can't help but wonder if this is related to a problem I'm having right now....

I bought a game for my XBox 360 from a used seller -- a store -- on Amazon (DOA Xtreme Beach Vollyball). The seller indicated that the game was shipped on 2/10/10.

Now, granted, they used 1st Class and it's coming from California...but it's over two weeks later and STILL no game. :?

They didn't use any tracking, either, so I don't know where it is. (Amazon strongly encourges buyers to pay for tracking -- I do for all the stuff I sell -- but it's not mandatory.)

Today (the 25th) I e-mailed the seller and was told that if the game hadn't arived by Monday 3/1 they would ship out another one to me.

Never had anything take this long before. :ponder:

• Like 1

The post office is run by the government. Who's surprised that it'd be run inefficiently? And these "forever" stamps. Notice how all financial institutions want to hide what things cost from you? It's taking mandates against credit card companies to show in plain english what you owe and how long it's going to take before it's paid off...

• Like 1

That's really bizarre... I wonder if something went really wrong with the tracking. There's no reason for something going from Pigeon Forge to Atlanta to go to Memphis at all, much less back and forth repeatedly.

I am the one who received said package and i live in Pigeon Forge. The post office is really screwy. I have followed quite a few packages sent to me and wonder what the heck is going on. I have seen packages that look like it's just a straight shot down I-75 and somehow take a detour into Nashville, then down to Atlanta, then finally up to Knoxville(all packages i receive go to Knoxville before i get them), when it could of went to Knoxville the first time and saved 2 extra trips.

I bet they do that everywhere though, all over the country. I doubt i'm the only special one. lol

But of all the screwy ones i have seen, this one is the strangest. The only other one that ranks up there with that one, is the package that according to the tracking information, was delivered to my mail box but when i went to check it, it wasn't there. And i have the kind of mailbox that needs a key to open, so nobody could of just taken it. Maybe it got sent to the wrong address and the people kept it, who knows. I'll never know what happened to those Genesis games. :(

• Like 1

Is there a black hole somewhere in Georgia that I don't know about? It looks like your package was trying to escape to Tennessee but kept getting sucked back into Atlanta.

must be!

but seriously, does someone have some inside info on the inner workings of the postal service?

why would they do this? The clerk told me 7 to 10 days shipping time,not 17!!!!.......i have a feeling this is not an isolated incedent.

I bought 6 blank vhs tapes and they ended up in Memphis, TN and were scanned there about

4 or 5 times. They are now missing and the seller refunded my money. I live in Maryland. I forget where the seller lives but Memphis is out of the way.

I'm still hoping the tapes show up and if they do i will send the money back to the seller.

I wanted the tapes not the money.

Edited by Atarian7

The only other one that ranks up there with that one, is the package that according to the tracking information, was delivered to my mail box but when i went to check it, it wasn't there. And i have the kind of mailbox that needs a key to open, so nobody could of just taken it. Maybe it got sent to the wrong address and the people kept it, who knows. I'll never know what happened to those Genesis games. :(

I've had many packages that the USPS tracking listed as delivered but were not. Fortunately, after making phone calls to USPS customer service, all but 3 of those packages were correctly delivered within a few days after the call.

What I don't understand is why they almost always leave packages that are clearly marked "signature required" without even knocking at the door. That's the definition of laziness.

• Like 1

I am the one who received said package and i live in Pigeon Forge. The post office is really screwy. I have followed quite a few packages sent to me and wonder what the heck is going on.

Oh, I was reading that upside down. Yeah, I don't understand why that would have gone anywhere but Atlanta->Knoxville->PF. Good to see someone else here from East TN. :)

Post office in Michigan has really been dropping the ball as of lately as well...I just got a notice in the mail saying my mail will try to deliver before 5 p.m. but going into the new year, they can not guarantee it gets there before 5. I never get my mail later tahn noon right now.....5 p.m.? What are they doing? (not to mention I just got notice a package was returned to sender....r u kidding me?)

Sucks to be you guys - USPS has always done a bangup job for me.

UPS/FedEx on the other hand... putting phantom letters and digits in packages either sent by or meant to be recieved by me... yeesh. I could write for days as to how much they've messed with me over the years. :/

Out of the hundreds of packages i have recieved in the last few years i'd say USPS is doing a good job. Very few mess ups. Just those games i lost and this package here. Only other time i have had real problems is a few years back when i bought some stuff from Columbia House and the SFBC. Packages either got lost in the mail or they never sent them to begin with. But i eventually got my stuff. Can't say it was the USPS fault for sure that time or not. Sometimes i think i should of got some packages sooner. But i usually get them eventually.

I recommend not shipping Parcel Post unless your not in a hurry. I have read that it can take a few days to a month to receive. And make sure you write Fragile on the package and have the USPS stamp them as well. I have seen Postal Employees just toss the packages a few feet into a bin. :ponder: