IGNORED

LMAO, prototype

CPUWIZ

Dear timmytwain,

Good morning.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this most certainly is not an Atari prototype. It was very common "back in the day" to copy carts using an EPROM burner to make chips like the ones you have.

To be clear, I don't want to buy, I'm not trying to get a deal from you, just felt you should know.

Also, you should not expose the windows on these chips. You erase them by exposing them to UV light. Leaving them out exposed will almost certainly cause corruption of the code inside.

I thought that might be the case too, but these were on the bottom of a large box that had 200+ 2600 carts & a few systems that were marked 'property of Atari Inc..' that I paid $50 for ten years ago (actually it was the first year shopgoodwill was online & it's their 10th year now, but for a year or two I was the only person bidding on video games). So I know it was from a single source (I asked) and why would someone go through the trouble when they had the actual cart. I could see if they were attached to a board or they were all from the same developer or if they looked like they were valued by someone. However I have been freelancing since I got out of HS (1987) and living in Socal I have worked on many high profile projects (and many that were at the time considered lowbrow as well as countless 'favors')and created hundreds of pre-production samples, mock ups, or 'one offs' and I didn't gives a shit about any of it. And going out of your way or asking someone for something (product-autographs)is considered very bad form.

I could be off base b/c engineers are a different bunch. But in my world you don't steal credit or product and you don't come off like a fanboy.

Actually I thought I had gotten rid of all my VG stuff b/c it has really gotten out of hand in the last 5 years but I found a few storage boxes full-so whatever-I'll probably even sell my Columbia House and Boxed Telstar Combat which were the two things I was going to keep.

Oh I forgot to mention there are two chips with 2 different games on them.

And to the other question-there were several carts with the name 'Terry Tueit' written on address labels and they are the same width as the labels on the chips. In other words the same address label was cut up and used as a label and cover window.

Sooooo... Protos from different companies made at different times have labels covering the EPROM window that are all the same, from the same guy.

And that proves they are protos? delusion gets better all the time :lol: