IGNORED

Atari 5200 self centering controller

atari52

Has anyone seen the prototype of the 5200 self centering controller? Has anyone tried to make one of these? It looks like it can be done.This would be a God sent for us 5200 users.I just don't know were you would get the spring loaded module for the joystick.How would the wireing be done?Would the 5200 read the controller,since the pods will be gone?I would think that you could just leave the wires that would go to the pods,un hooked.I would love to talk with anyone that is as pumped about this as much as I am.

Has anyone seen the prototype of the 5200 self centering controller? Has anyone tried to make one of these? It looks like it can be done.This would be a God sent for us 5200 users.I just don't know were you would get the spring loaded module for the joystick.How would the wireing be done?Would the 5200 read the controller,since the pods will be gone?I would think that you could just leave the wires that would go to the pods,un hooked.I would love to talk with anyone that is as pumped about this as much as I am.

i dont think the joystick is redeemable just make yourself a pc controller to 5200 adapter and open yourself up to the world of pc controllers from gamepads to gravis to the logitech wingman, kraft kc-3, suncom analogs,interact pc missions so many options just got to be careful not to buy windows driver based joysticks

ive been through nearly 30 joysticks and they all have tradoffs

Curt Vandel (who also posts on this site) has a pic on Atarimuseum.com website that he maintains. In it, it has a prototype pic of this kind of joystick. Check it out! Click "self center joystick" link here...

Self center joystock

Edited by cryinglion

• 3 weeks later...