IGNORED

Yes, PAL 5200's were on deck at Atari...

Curt Vendel

Its interesting to wonder just that, Europe may have faired well... I only really track Atari history...

How did the Colecovision and/or Intellivision do in UK/Europe???

My only concern is cost, the 5200 was a very expensive machine at the time, and I know in the European markets, the higher priced products didn't fair as well. I noticed this with computers and that in UK/Europe they were often sold with Tape Decks vs Disk Drives due to the high costs.

Curt

Maybe they would have been succesful with the 5200 in Europe anyway. As you know, Europe wasn't hit nearly as hard as the US by the Crash. (But maybe because there wasn't that much to hit, as Home Computers have been stronger here all along.)

I am guessing this is a warners attempt at launching the 5200 in europe and not the later tramiel attempt at rejigging the 5200 (though tramiel was only interested in clearing inventory more then anything)

Given that the A8 and the 2600 had very little non Atari inc. software releases in PAL markets (PAL exclusives) during the warners period I don't think that UK/Euro 5200 users would have put up with waiting months for a Pal version of an ntsc game and not only that have to pay through the nose for that game (especially going by what A8 US games were selling at during that period)

Edited by carmel_andrews

I've just upgraded the whole auction system, and I'm going to move all of the PAL schematics (originals) over to the new system tomorrow - I just posted several hardware items up tonight to get things started.

So the old link will be gone tomorrow and from now on this will be the new URL:

http://www.legacyengineer.com/auctions/

Curt