IGNORED

POKEY Chip and the 5200.

CV Gus

Well, today I order a POKEY chip for my 5200 from Mike's Arcade. Hopefully, that'll do it.

If not, maybe it's the transistor cluster. But it's half educated guess, half hunch, that it's the POKEY chip.

Wish me luck. I do sort of miss Berzerk and Qix, as well as Blueprint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What was the problem with your 5200? I have two and they're both pretty wonky. One shows the startup screen, but won't recognize the start button on the controllers, the other won't recognize the fire buttons on all but the very standard "Soccer" game. Which was surprisingly fun. Go figure.

• 1 month later...

What was the problem with your 5200? I have two and they're both pretty wonky. One shows the startup screen, but won't recognize the start button on the controllers, the other won't recognize the fire buttons on all but the very standard "Soccer" game. Which was surprisingly fun. Go figure.

If you ask me the 5200 controls was trash and would break really easy. almost the entire inside was made with a flex circuit system which would get brittle after a while and break.

Your issue seems like that is what happened

also another issue with the controls was the rubber boot under the stick was what made the stick return to center and would eventually fail.

sorry for being off topic.

Edited by madmax2069

• 1 month later...

Man, when that cursor moved properly in Missile Command, it was just plain great!

I've never played Missile Command on the 5200. I suppose this is one of the games that works great with analog control, eh?

I have a trackball for it and it plays arcade perfect, also Centipede play beautifully.

Man, when that cursor moved properly in Missile Command, it was just plain great!

I've never played Missile Command on the 5200. I suppose this is one of the games that works great with analog control, eh?

It works great for this game. 5200 Missile Command is my fav on the system and also the best port of it IMO.