IGNORED

5.25 floppy to PC ?

Yes. There is a cable "project" called the 10502PC which will work with any Atari compatible drive and allow you to upload those old games to a PC for use with emulators, but you also need the A.P.E/prosystem software. I have this cable, but I bought it (actually a dual cable 10502PC/SIO2PC) already permanently attached to my 1050 drive, so I don't have a link to this cable "project." I'm sure others here will read this and supply the needed link. I can give you the link for the software needed to operate the hardware though: Http://www.atarimax.com/

Actually, you may not need the links to the projects for these cables; you can purchase the proper cable(s) directly from the APE site!

Gunstar, Thanks for the information. I am not sure I understand all what you said yet, but it sounds like I will be able to do this. :) When you say a program to run off my PC do you mean so I dont have to go to DOS? Because all of my games are in DOS. I thought if I can just get it to my PC I could go to DOS there then load it. I would love to load them from WINDOWS. I did not think that was possible. I am not a super wiz at computers but I can get by. What is the name of the cable I have and am looking for? Thanks

Assuming your talking about playing old 800 DOS games on the Pc with an emulator and NOT playing old MS-DOS games that are on 5.25 inch disks (this will NOT work with an Atari compatible drive), APE/prosystem will allow you to load those old disks up on the PC to use with an emulator such as Atari800Win, on the emulator you would load the Atari Dos of your choice and then from there load up your games. The APE/Prosystem manuals will explain everything to you. As long as you can use Windows and/or MSDOS and remember how to use your 800, you will be fine. Otherwise brush up on using them.