IGNORED

Return of the Bogus 5200 WICO

sku_u

never really thought about it before, but what WOULD happen if you used a 5200 y-cord (like for a wico stick) and plugged this CV stick into it...think it would work on a 5200 or not?

No it wouldn't. The WICO 5200 controller is analog and the CV WICO is digital. Furthermore, the pinouts are different even though they are both 9 pin connectors.

In my opinion, the design of this stick is terrible, and I can't believe that WICO actually manufactured this item. The fire buttons have absolutely no feel whatsoever. It's a poor excuse for a CV stick!

This seller doesn't know what he is talking about. He is obviously keyword spamming. Might as well put XBOX or PS2 in the title as well!

31 neutrals 29 negatives on his rating...hmmm

yeah, but the guy does have over 2500 positives. When you do that much business, you can't please everyone. I think this was just a case of someone who didn't know what they had. I have been setting up with antiques with my parents since I was 4 yrs old and there have been many times that my parents did not know exactly what they had. It was good you guys corrected him, but don't badmouth the guy.

He changed the 5200 part, but that WICO won't work in the 2600 either.  I'm glad to see that the seller isn't trying to rip people off.

Umm, well standard colecovision controllers work on a 2600, so I would assume this one should too. Unless you've tried it and it didn't work.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

I have one of these joysticks for my Coleco.  I couldn't get it to work on my 2600; even with the Y cable.  The joystick works perfectly on my Colecovision.  That's what I'm going by.

OK, I'll take your word for it. :)

What Y cable are you talking about? :?

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org