IGNORED

4:3 PAL LCD TVs for the Atari-8

flashjazzcat

LG M1717A 17" LCD. Picture not as good as the M1721A/M1921A (newer models), but styling is nicer, IMO. Actually 5:4, but Atari displays in 4:3:

post-21964-0-70372200-1308664175_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately stand got smashed in transit so I had to order a spare.

post-21964-0-09821300-1308664173_thumb.jpg

Edited by flashjazzcat

It's a shame 4;3 sets are only available in small sizes in LCD, its good to see people finding sets to use, however i'm a hoarder of CRT sets (good quality ones) and if one breaks i just replace it with a similar set, that said none of mine have broken touch wood!

It's a shame 4;3 sets are only available in small sizes in LCD, its good to see people finding sets to use, however i'm a hoarder of CRT sets (good quality ones) and if one breaks i just replace it with a similar set, that said none of mine have broken touch wood!

I have one 19" 4:3 LCD (sadly with some kind of ballast problem), and they are very widespead in Europe. Of course, there are hardly any (if any at all) 4:3 sets being manufactured now, so I believe it's time to start hoarding them - especially since eBay is going to Hell in a handbasket. :)

Anyway - long may your CRTs reign supreme!

You do find some interesting companies while searching for things. I haven't inquired on prices ( don't look too outrageously expensive, but they look like they are all user-configured, custom-order, so...) , but this company has 5, 7, 12 , 19 inch displays that look to be good near-even multiples (2:1, 4:1) of Atari resolutions, with a choice of composite hook-ups, possibly even s-video if one were to ask. Obviously an OEM distributor, that has a side-line on monitors, but one that offers that little something different. ;)

http://www.thunderco...w/lcd/index.php

Edited by AtariNerd