IGNORED

This is tested? (2600)

LS650

I won an auction for a 4-switch woodgrain 2600. The ad reads:

Atari CX-2600A

just the main unit, no accessories, no power supply

Works great. In very good condition.

I received the unit today. Before I even plugged it in, I immediately noticed that one of the small pins for the Left Controller port is snapped clean away! I plugged in a joystick and tried a couple of games, and sure enough the unit works okay but can't input the 'UP' direction! I would live with it if it was the Right port, but obviously it is useless for most joystick games. I have written a polite note to the seller to tell him the unit is faulty and asking if he has another unit I can exchange it for.

To my mind this isn't tested, and not "very good condition" if the majority of games won't run. :x

I've thought of getting it repaired, but I have no soldering skills and have no idea how to find someone who can do this for just a few bucks.

I'll see if I can get a refund or return from the seller; otherwise I'll try putting an ad in Craigslist or something asking for simple electronics repair....

The seller came back today with a full PayPal refund! :)

I put an ad on Craigslist and am trying to track down someone who is skilled with a soldering iron to try and fix this. I've emailed the seller to tell him that if I can get it repaired for cheap I will refund the difference.

Nice to deal with someone on eBay who doesn't give you a hassle....