IGNORED

Air Raid Auction on Ebay with Special Thanks

Tanman

Well, my Air Raid cart is up for sale on Ebay. I wanted to give a special thanks to Mr. Galaxian and Chickbaby for helping gather info and with auction ideas.

I thought I might me done with 2600 stuff after I sold this item but earlier today I bought 16 games that I did not have.

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Thanks again to everyone that helped me!!!!

Tanman

• Like 1

I have to say you did a great job with the pictures and description with that auction. Hope you get what you're asking. BTW, what is the reserve? :)

Phil

Thanks! It was only my second listing on Ebay. It took me almost two hours and I had to get my wife to edit it for me. :)

Well, I am keeping the reserve close to the vest right now but I will say that it is a decent amount lower than the last Air Raid Ebay sales price of $2850.

I have to say you did a great job with the pictures and description with that auction. Hope you get what you're asking. BTW, what is the reserve? :)

Phil

Thanks! It was only my second listing on Ebay. It took me almost two hours and I had to get my wife to edit it for me. :)

Well, I am keeping the reserve close to the vest right now but I will say that it is a decent amount lower than the last Air Raid Ebay sales price of $2850.

If your reserve is high you take a very risky gamble of loosing potential bidders as reserves in general let alone high reserves are a real turn off to buyers. The last Air Raid might have sold for $2850 but it has also sold for at least thousand less than that in the past too. I'd remove the reserve if I was you as you will get more and higher bids without one. Best of luck with your auction and welcome back to the world of 2600 gaming :) Playing Atari is just like riding a bike, no matter how long it's been you'll never forget how it goes :grin:

• Like 2

Phil

If your reserve is high you take a very risky gamble of loosing potential bidders as reserves in general let alone high reserves are a real turn off to buyers. The last Air Raid might have sold for $2850 but it has also sold for at least thousand less than that in the past too. I'd remove the reserve if I was you as you will get more and higher bids without one. Best of luck with your auction and welcome back to the world of 2600 gaming :) Playing Atari is just like riding a bike, no matter how long it's been you'll never forget how it goes :grin:

I tried and could not find past prices. I only found the final listeing for $2850. Do you have any links to past prices?

This is not an item that I bought recently and am trying to flip, but I want to secure a normal price so any help with a reserve price is greatly appriciated.

Phil

Shawn is right. Buyers don't like to be the winner of an auction, and still not win. A lot of buyers, including myself, usually don't bid on reserve auctions.

• Like 2

Phil

Shawn is right. Buyers don't like to be the winner of an auction, and still not win. A lot of buyers, including myself, usually don't bid on reserve auctions.

:thumbsup:

Phil

Cool cool... I lowered the reserve price down a lot to around what people have been offering to buy it directly. This way it is set at the max of what I know someone was willing to pay.

I don't blame the seller for putting a reserve on this. I would probably do the same, and definitely not reveal the amount. I am sure it will be met far before the auction is over. The game has been extremely well-publicized lately, the provenance is about as good as you're going to get,* and the seller seems like a nice normal person (a rarity on eBay these days). Best of luck with the sale!

*Why yes, I do watch too much Antiques Roadshow.

• Like 1

I mean it is well over HALF the reserve.

The bid price is well over the reserve already so I don't think it will be an issue.

Phil

Edited by Tanman

The same bidder, that retracted it the first time, Bid over it again. :ponder:

SpeedCollecto®

Actually it's not him. Wrong feedback. Could be another. :ponder:

It is the same guy. Just added an extra zero by accident. My previous post will explain this.

I was referring to The Wiz Comment on the Speed Collector. It is not the person Wiz thought, but could be another. As far as your statement I can :ponder: If I want. Another reaseaon could be, he Wanted to see what it was and then Decided to bid on it knowing, he could actually win it and not waste his time. :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

:P

The dude entered the wrong amount. It is pretty obvious from his next bid.

On Mar-24-10 20:36:15 PDT he bid $15,000

Then 2 minutes, and 35 seconds later

On Mar-24-10 20:38:57 PDT he bid $1,500

No, it is not obvious at all, if he did it by accident or to find out the reserve and get a feeler for "snipeworthyness™". :P

SpeedCollecto®

Actually it's not him. Wrong feedback. Could be another. :ponder:

It is the same guy. Just added an extra zero by accident. My previous post will explain this.

Another reaseaon could be, he Wanted to see what it was and then Decided to bid on it knowing, he could actually win it and not waste his time. :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

:P

Yeah, I think you may have a point there, and that thought crossed my mind, but I decided give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Interesting way of finding out what the reserve is.

The dude entered the wrong amount. It is pretty obvious from his next bid.

On Mar-24-10 20:36:15 PDT he bid $15,000

Then 2 minutes, and 35 seconds later

On Mar-24-10 20:38:57 PDT he bid $1,500

No, it is not obvious at all, if he did it by accident or to find out the reserve and get a feeler for "snipeworthyness™". :P

See. :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: