IGNORED

Air Raid On Ebay

Tanman

Sorry I guess it does seem suspicious since I did just sign-up yesterday. I used to have this game when I was a kid and my interest in it was recently peaked after started going through my old Atari stuff a month or so ago. I remember giving my mother a set of games to sell at the church rummage sale in the late 80's or early 90's in Tucson, and unfortunately this game was included. The games she was allowed to sell were all the ones I didn't like, and I remember not caring for this one.

My father and I attended the 1984 CES in Las Vegas when I was 9 and I won this game in a raffle, I think it was "third prize". I don't remember who the vendor was holding the raffle, but I think it was a software distributer. You had to buy something to be entered, my dad had bought me Frogger 2 (which I still have), and later in the day I won this game.

At any rate, I could swear that when I would hold the reset button that the name of the game would appear on the screen. I remember doing this to all my games to see if anything would happen when doing so. We're going wayyyy back here though.. I mothballed my 2600 around 1988 when we got a PC, so I am probably not remembering something correctly. I assume someone would have done this by now but I haven't come across anoyone who has mentioned doing this.

Cool... Still not gona do it... :)

Just was odd that the first post by a new member was asking me to jack with the cartridge..

Sorry I guess it does seem suspicious since I did just sign-up yesterday. I used to have this game when I was a kid and my interest in it was recently peaked after started going through my old Atari stuff a month or so ago. I remember giving my mother a set of games to sell at the church rummage sale in the late 80's or early 90's in Tucson, and unfortunately this game was included. The games she was allowed to sell were all the ones I didn't like, and I remember not caring for this one.

My father and I attended the 1984 CES in Las Vegas when I was 9 and I won this game in a raffle, I think it was "third prize". I don't remember who the vendor was holding the raffle, but I think it was a software distributer. You had to buy something to be entered, my dad had bought me Frogger 2 (which I still have), and later in the day I won this game.

At any rate, I could swear that when I would hold the reset button that the name of the game would appear on the screen. I remember doing this to all my games to see if anything would happen when doing so. We're going wayyyy back here though.. I mothballed my 2600 around 1988 when we got a PC, so I am probably not remembering something correctly. I assume someone would have done this by now but I haven't come across anoyone who has mentioned doing this.

Cool... Still not gona do it... :)

Just was odd that the first post by a new member was asking me to jack with the cartridge..

On some TVs, the Men-A-Vision text will be cut off due to the strange scan line count, you may have seen this while holding reset.

I was addicted for awhile... step 1 is admitting it. Two kids have basically cured me now. I don't even have time to spend money these days. This auction has me unlocking the liquor cabinet though... Oh, smells very nice.

Would be fun to replace the replica in my inventory with a real one.

Anywho... I'll never understand people that spend stupid money on these cartridges. but then, I actually play the games I buy - this is obviously for a collector who has money to burn. Me, I have to spend my money on wacky stuff like food, utilities, etc. Must be nice...

I play the games I buy, too, and that goes for the rare titles. I dislike competing in auctions for sealed/shrinkwrapped titles because I will open them to play them, and these sealed titles typically command higher prices than open box versions. I like to think of my collection as a living one, not a reference or museum quality set, but I think it is useful that those exist. I'm okay with boxes that are a little dinged or a cart that may have a less than pristine label.

That said, I'm getting at the level of trying to acquire only really rare carts, and if I could afford to bid on this I would. I could swing a few hundred bucks, but thousands are out of my reach for now because, like you, I have other priorities (mortgage, student loans). I don't begrudge people spending money on collecting games (or whatever they like to collect, no matter how cheap or expensive the prices are), but I hope that it brings them some enjoyment and hasn't become something like an addiction.

I was addicted for awhile... step 1 is admitting it. Two kids have basically cured me now. I don't even have time to spend money these days. This auction has me unlocking the liquor cabinet though... Oh, smells very nice.

Would be fun to replace the replica in my inventory with a real one.

Anywho... I'll never understand people that spend stupid money on these cartridges. but then, I actually play the games I buy - this is obviously for a collector who has money to burn. Me, I have to spend my money on wacky stuff like food, utilities, etc. Must be nice...

I play the games I buy, too, and that goes for the rare titles. I dislike competing in auctions for sealed/shrinkwrapped titles because I will open them to play them, and these sealed titles typically command higher prices than open box versions. I like to think of my collection as a living one, not a reference or museum quality set, but I think it is useful that those exist. I'm okay with boxes that are a little dinged or a cart that may have a less than pristine label.

That said, I'm getting at the level of trying to acquire only really rare carts, and if I could afford to bid on this I would. I could swing a few hundred bucks, but thousands are out of my reach for now because, like you, I have other priorities (mortgage, student loans). I don't begrudge people spending money on collecting games (or whatever they like to collect, no matter how cheap or expensive the prices are), but I hope that it brings them some enjoyment and hasn't become something like an addiction.

Come on in... The waters fine... :)

I await the big announcement that will turn this forum into frenzied excitement. :lust:

Well, if no one else will do it:

For your viewing pleasure, this auction has been canceled because the OP found the box for the game and it is now relisted CIB (no manual came with the cart). It has already surpassed the original bid for the cart alone.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1105143431741?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110514343174&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Wow! US $31,600.00 congrats to you and your buyer. ?Wonder? who got it. ;)

Man, I can't believe this yet!

Albert, I guys in Brazil are suggesting you write an article about this boxed Air Raid history. This is quite something! Is this the most expensive cart auction ever (considering all videogames)?