IGNORED

NIB Atari 2600 Mr. Do's Castle - $2999.99 BIN

Zwackery

Hmmmm, a bit misleading: "This game is ultra rare and is rated as a rarity of 10 at atari2600.com when it is complete (even unsealed.)"

First of all, Atari2600.com's "rarity" on the price guide isn't very accurate. It is supposed to reflect how often an item comes up for auction, but currently it rates far too many games a 10. (e.g. Yar's Revenge CIB is a 10 as well). It should also be noted that AA rates this game an 8 rarity.

But here is where I have an issue. If he has looked at the Atari2600.com site, he knows that the current fair market value for this game NIB is $677.99. That is a far cry from his current asking price.

However, it is a moot point because unless someone has money they are using as toilet paper and happen to want this game, it isn't going to sell for that price.

"Some people" is right! Freakin' cheapskates. Consequently, I am going to go play my Atari 1200XL that I won for $10 in a raffle.

Lucky bastard, I bet someone is missing that thing.

....not really actually. :ponder:

You would have had to YouTube that unsealing, Zwackery...that would have been HILARIOUS.

"Some people" is right! Freakin' cheapskates. Consequently, I am going to go play my Atari 1200XL that I won for $10 in a raffle.

Lucky bastard, I bet someone is missing that thing.

....not really actually. :ponder:

You would have had to YouTube that unsealing, Zwackery...that would have been HILARIOUS.

Shhh...you're gonna given Iwan heart failure :)

Looks like the seller took an offer of $1,250 for it.

Less than half of the BIN price and double the current market value. If I had a grand to spare, sure, why not?

But hell, I can't get a seller to accept an offer of $22 on a $24.99 BIN/Best Offer cart. I never understood why putting a Best Offer on an auction if you are not willing to go more than $1, maybe $2, below the BIN price. There are 2 sellers on eBay who I have run into that do this. Then there is the other extreme like this seller who puts the price out in the stratosphere but accepts a huge markdown offer.

Damn, I thought I paid too much for my CIB. Plastic sure is expensive.

Problem is that you don't know if original or if someone shrinkwrapped it. Is there a way to tell if original or not? Like with NES games.

Problem is that you don't know if original or if someone shrinkwrapped it. Is there a way to tell if original or not? Like with NES games.

There is no way to tell with the NES either. That horizontal seam is a joke as far as confirming it's an original seal as it can be copied with ease in the right hands.

There is no way to tell with the NES either. That horizontal seam is a joke as far as confirming it's an original seal as it can be copied with ease in the right hands.

Do you have the right hands? :D