IGNORED

Ebay Smurfs save the day and cassettes

nofrills100

I have this game with tapes factory sealed....can I sell mine for $125?

(note: mine is not for sale..just a question for thought)

Depends what all you have (from atari2600.com price guide):

Coleco Smurfs Save the Day Cartridge only $33.14

Coleco Smurfs Save the Day Cartridge, game tapes, and Instruction manual only $88.32

Coleco Smurfs Save the Day with Kid Vid Controller Cartridge, game tapes, and Kid Vid Recorder $129.89

Coleco Smurfs Save the Day with Kid Vid Controller Complete in box $163.31

Well, it's not quite accurate to call Hozer a company. :)

But seriously, from everything I've heard, the Hozer carts are well made and are a great chance to obtain copies and reproductions of rare games. Just as long as the person buying the game KNOWS they are getting a reproduction. I myself have fully bought repro's of hard to find and/or expensive games for other systems in the past (it was the only way I've been able to play Snatcher for the Sega CD, for example). They have their place.

The problems arise when the buyer does not know they are getting a repro and the seller doesn't clearly say that it is one, or explain what a 'Hozer' is. In this case, the seller did the right thing by going back and editing the text.

I've said in other places also that I wish that all reproductions were clearly marked better -- that all of them said right on the cart label 'This is a reproduction made 2010' or something close to that. And it would help if EBay allowed repros to be sold 'officialy' instead of the sellers having to hide it in the auction text, which, aperently, not everyone reads. :roll:

Of course, the whole legality of making repros is another story.

A Hozer is a person who purposely sells a reproduction of a rare cart to make big bucks on the 'hosed' who is the person who buys such a cart thinking it is the real deal.

Hozer - the seller

Hosed - the buyer

Except he doesn't. If you make a reproduction of, say, Sinistar, and sell it to me for 5 bucks, and I put it on eBay as a "lost prototype", does that make you or me the bad guy?

So, the bad guy would be the people passing them off as legit, not the person making them who states they are reproductions.