IGNORED

Feedback for buyer that didn't pay

I had a buyer that did not pay or communicate at all. I did the non-paying bidder process and they still didn't do anything so I received the final value fee back. Since sellers are no longer allowed to leave buyers anything but a positive, can I still say that they didn't pay? Or, will ebay have a fit about that since buyers are apparently never at fault these days?

Thanks for any info or thoughts.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if it's that big a deal since you can now get your fees back? I get what you're saying, even as one that mostly buys I've sold before and it is annoying, but everyone keeps *insisting* buyer feedback isn't important (which is assenine ...it *is*), but then when a seller doesn't get paid they want to neg them or leave comments that they didn't pay. Which is it guys?

Not saying you specifically stmoa, just sayin'.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want someone bidding on something of mine if they don't pay. A history of non payment even in positive feedbacks can't be a good thing. I would say it if you don't care about a neg.

The buyer can not leave a negative feedback on an unpaid item strike. eBay removes a negative if left by the buyer that has a nonpaying strike on the item.

I don't think it matters much, just don't leave any feedback. If they regularly don't pay, eBay will suspend the account anyway.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want someone bidding on something of mine if they don't pay. A history of non payment even in positive feedbacks can't be a good thing. I would say it if you don't care about a neg.

Agreed, but if they really wanted to they could just create another account and bid anyway couldn't they?

• Like 1

I think I'll leave it go and not leave feedback at all. I guess the idea for ebay sellers is to praise when you get the payment in a reasonable amount of time and be silent if you don't.

I actually didn't even think of the strike against them that ebay imposes since I got the final value fee back. That will do fine.

Thanks for the thoughts! :)

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I wasn't considering leaving anything nasty with name-calling or anything like that. A simple, "Payment not received" or "No payment, no communication" was what I had in mind. But, I will remain silent and not leave feedback at all. That does sound like the best idea since you guys pointed out that ebay dings there account already for it.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, I wasn't considering leaving anything nasty with name-calling or anything like that. A simple, "Payment not received" or "No payment, no communication" was what I had in mind. But, I will remain silent and not leave feedback at all. That does sound like the best idea since you guys pointed out that ebay dings there account already for it.

Even such a factual statement can be removed if the buyer reports it. The seller can get a scolding from eBay and repeated instances can result in sanctions (listing limits, etc.).

Check out the feedback discussion board under 'Community' on Ebay.

Sellers are not allowed to leave any negative wording at all about a buyer (even though a non-payer scarcely qualifies as a buyer). Also, even though a negative from a non-payer can be removed, it is not automatic and can take a lot of work on the part of the seller to find someone in T&S who knows what they are doing.

• Like 1

Ebays new philosophy is "The customer is always right" I recently had a dishonest seller claim he never recieved the item I sent him. Ive sent 6 emails to ebay concerning this, all they tell me is- your email has been forwarded to a different dept. What a crock.

• Like 1