IGNORED

Still Think This is an R5?

atari_envy

I swear, they are going to start giving one away free with every 2600 purchase on eBay. Now they are being sold in a 3-pack for $15:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1504310460711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150431046071&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

There are 7 Motorodeo auctions running now on eBay. This has been going on for a while and not showing any signs of slowing up.

EDIT: brandonwrite correctly points out that it is 3 carts not a 3 pack. Always read the fine print, right?

Edited by atari_envy

It's not a 3 pack. He's selling 3 games, he is just to cheap to have a picture for each game.

HA HA, my bad, you are right. It is three games. Well, not as bad, but still thinking this cart has fallen from an R10 to now probably a 3 or 4.

Ya it's getting to where this is gonna have to be adjusted in the guide to a R3 as even being able to call it a R5 is pretty misleading at this point.

It's not a 3 pack. He's selling 3 games, he is just to cheap to have a picture for each game.

HA HA, my bad, you are right. It is three games. Well, not as bad, but still thinking this cart has fallen from an R10 to now probably a 3 or 4.

Ya it's getting to where this is gonna have to be adjusted in the guide to a R3 as even being able to call it a R5 is pretty misleading at this point.

Do any of the resident statisticians have any idea how many of these have been sold on ebay since the great find? I'm sure there were very many that were also sold off ebay as well. I know thats how i got mine

Do any of the resident statisticians have any idea how many of these have been sold on ebay since the great find? I'm sure there were very many that were also sold off ebay as well. I know thats how i got mine

I sent an email to JC at atari2600.com. He should have those stats, let's see if he responds. I am curious too.

If you read carefully he is only selling one game for $15 plus $6 shipping. Personally I think the people from Venezuela are complete imbeciles in regards to selling this game. What has dragging your feet selling the these games resulted in? If they had just sold all of them in 2005, and 2006 they would of gotten 3 times what they have gotten now.

You would think that the Venezuelan seller would have had a clue that Hey maybe I can get more if I sell these 6 per box. If he did that he could still get at least $80 for 6 games if he sold them with the Motorodeo container. But the guy has no clue, so that is not going to happen.

Atari 2600 NTSC Motorodeo completed auctions Feb 2005 through Feb 2010

New in shrinkwrapped box 107

Complete in box 23

Cartridge only 5

Total sold on eBay 135, average of 27 per year.

These are only completed auctions. No idea as to the total quantity offered but unsold.

JC

Atari2600.com

I sent an email to JC at atari2600.com. He should have those stats, let's see if he responds. I am curious too.

Complete in box 23

Cartridge only 5

These are only completed auctions. No idea as to the total quantity offered but unsold.

JC

Atari2600.com

Thanks, JC. :)

Complete in box 23

Cartridge only 5

JC is the man. So over the past 5 years, more then 2 per month has been sold and paid for. That is a pretty solid run and definitely not a "Rare" title since there has been and still is a constant supply available. Right now there are 9 available for sale or bid ranging in prices from $9.99 to $99.99.

Homer mentions the Venezuela seller, but there are currently 3 different sellers from Venezuela selling these. I wonder if there is any connection between the 3 and if they are getting them from the same source. Leads me to believe there is a lot more of them coming.

While not scientific, I decided to compare other R5 games to see how many are listed on eBay. I tried to take a cross section of different companies with a recognizable game.

HERO 4

Time Pilot 0

Artillery Duel 7

Beamrider 1

Megamania 5

Snoopy and the Red Baron 2

Laser Gates 5

King Kong 3

Dragonstomper 0 (I am thinking this has become more of an R6 or 7)

Bump N Jump 6

Crash Dive 4

Cross Force 4

Marine Wars 3

Star Wars Arcade Game 1

Montezuma's Revenge 1

Based on my random sampling, I would expect that an R5 game would have roughly 3-6 games listed on eBay under normal circumstances. I have been watching Motorodeo for the past couple months and 6 is the *fewest* I have seen, and 13 is the highest. Currently there is 9, with one just selling today.

While not scientific, I decided to compare other R5 games to see how many are listed on eBay. I tried to take a cross section of different companies with a recognizable game.

HERO 4

Time Pilot 0

Artillery Duel 7

Beamrider 1

Megamania 5

Snoopy and the Red Baron 2

Laser Gates 5

King Kong 3

Dragonstomper 0 (I am thinking this has become more of an R6 or 7)

Bump N Jump 6

Crash Dive 4

Cross Force 4

Marine Wars 3

Star Wars Arcade Game 1

Montezuma's Revenge 1

Based on my random sampling, I would expect that an R5 game would have roughly 3-6 games listed on eBay under normal circumstances. I have been watching Motorodeo for the past couple months and 6 is the *fewest* I have seen, and 13 is the highest. Currently there is 9, with one just selling today.

Are all those listings for CIB games? If not you could easily argue that alot of the games on that R5 list should be listed at a lower rarity also. Specifically I'm refering to Cross Force, Bump N Jump, Hero, Snoopy & Laser Gates. Those games as loose carts are not of R5 status IMO.