IGNORED

Montezuma's Revenge for the 2600

Bartsfam

Hello All;

I just dug out my old 2600 cartridges after being stored away in the attic for over 25 years.

After checking EBay and other places, am I to understand that my Parker Brother's Montezuma's Revenge could fetch between $109-$200??

Mine is well played, but in good shape and playable. I have no box or instructions.

As a matter of fact, I only see one on EBay for $109, and none for sale at Atari2600.com.

Is this game somewhat rare?

Ive got over 5 atari 2600 carts and only maybe 1 or 2 of this title...if it is worth that much, mine will be for sale for sure! At least one of them...

I would say the game is uncommon....if you saw it in the wild you could pay anywhere from $1 (from a mom and pop shop) to maybe say $10-$12 at any other store....?

Sellers put all kinds of stuff up at crazy prices and don't mind if it takes a year to sell it. I have sold 1000's of items on Ebay and have seen lots of different items sold this way. Some sucker buys it and the seller doesn't mind paying listing and relisting fees for a year when they sell their item for 10 to 20 times the items actual worth. I recently saw an Atari 2600 and 20 common games on Craiglist for $1500, OMG I wish it were true, I would be rich.

I saw two cartridges of Montezuma's Revenge a couple weeks ago at a used Video Game Store. I needed a copy, and after seeing the ebay prices, I scooped both copies up. :D The price for the each after my 10% off card was $1.80 each. If it had been Tuesday when I was there (two for one day) they would have been $1.00 each.

Hello All;

I just dug out my old 2600 cartridges after being stored away in the attic for over 25 years.

After checking EBay and other places, am I to understand that my Parker Brother's Montezuma's Revenge could fetch between $109-$200??

Mine is well played, but in good shape and playable. I have no box or instructions.

As a matter of fact, I only see one on EBay for $109, and none for sale at Atari2600.com.

Is this game somewhat rare?

Atari2600.com PRICE GUIDE:

Parker Bros Montezuma's Revenge Cartridge only $18.93(average sale) R5

I got $55 for one with a manual, and $30 for a loose one within the last year.

AX

Fools and their money are soon parted....to Ax.

It all depends on the dry cycle really. If there isn't a Sentinel or a Monty or some other fairly common yet wanted title, as soon as it hits after a long wait people tend to grab it. Look at my $355 tank command (that was me being the fool).

AX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Necrobump - but I just wanted to note that I bought another loose Montezuma's Revenge for the 2600 along with six R1's and R2's for $20 at a local consignment shop. Assuming $1-$2 each for the commons, I paid ~$9-$11 for the Montezuma's Revenge cartridge. I see it from time to time in lots, but seldom for less than $20 by itself (especially on eBay); I didn't think it was *that* rare.