IGNORED

LOL @ VGA nonsense.

CPUWIZ

Ugh, that is ridiculous.

This amazing find represents the ONLY sealed system known to exist.

Oh really?

..Al

I have a sealed "not for resale" unit and have seen around 20 different sealed ones over the years, just on ebay alone. :roll:

I bid $3 and asked that they make sure and "rebox" it to protect the original. Excuse me, while I go look out the front windows for the mailman with my Atari.

Dude, come back in... he inexplicably declined your offer.

VGA is something that actually has a pretty strong foothold in the NES, and SNES. I am glad that most of us don't pay stupid money for stuff like this. By the way it is the only graded VGA Sealed Atari 2600 system because this guy is the only one who has done so. It is obvious that he won't be the last. So this auction becomes a complete joke. If someone actually does pay a pretty penny for this, you can be rest assured 10 more sealed Atari 2600 boxes would be sent to VGA within a month.

Wow, I didn't even realize he was dumb enough to have that graded. I thought it was pathetic that his logo is some hip-hop car with a crotch shot. That just screams money and class right there. :ponder:

Also while that plastic case is nice and all, wont the box get banged up a bit sloshing around in there? They need a little LCD display to decrement the value of the item every time it's tilted 90degrees. You bought an "80" but it's now a -6 when it arrives in the mail. Oh, and it was a -2 but you just HAD to shake the box before opening it didn't you? :D

Hex.

[ VGA: separating prospecting chumps from their money since they made the idea up and pretended they were awesome. ]

Also while that plastic case is nice and all, wont the box get banged up a bit sloshing around in there? They need a little LCD display to decrement the value of the item every time it's tilted 90degrees. You bought an "80" but it's now a -6 when it arrives in the mail. Oh, and it was a -2 but you just HAD to shake the box before opening it didn't you? :D

Good question, you're right in that it looks like the 2600 box has plenty of "play" inside the acrylic case and it certainly would move around quite a bit during shipping. I bet it cost at last $100 to get that graded.

..Al

Good question, you're right in that it looks like the 2600 box has plenty of "play" inside the acrylic case and it certainly would move around quite a bit during shipping. I bet it cost at last $100 to get that graded.

..Al

At least $100 as that would be a "custom size" grading. I'm all for grading items for preservation of the item condition as well as having an indepedant observation of the item condition but with that said you would think for that kinda cash they would at least form a casing with a proper fitting. :roll:

Interestingly, after you said that I went and looked at his other auctions. He does have some nice looking Gen1 transformers stuff. (Yes, I'm also quite familiar with Transformers. Why do you ask? :D ) But his prices are honestly really wacky. A couple of the accessory BINs are high but unsurprising. (TF accessories can sometimes yield more money than a complete toy.)

That said, the sticker sheet prices are stupid expensive and he had a loose group of Aerialbots graded and slabbed, @ $900. Yet the Constructicon set, while nice looking, he home-slabed, are not graded, and if you aren't paying attention are actually loose that he mounted in place with paperclips.

It looks like the wait for everything to load is a carry-over from his toy auctions. There are typically a lot of pictures in the ones I looked at.

Lastly, the "Broken Starscream Fist" auction is incorrect. That's possibly a broken Thundercracker fist he's selling. Starscream's were dark blue, Skywarp's were lavender, Thundercracker, Thrust, Ramjet, and Dirge's were black. I can't tell if it's a cell-phone camera screwing up the picture or what, but this guy sees dollar signs in everything he sells that is certain.

I really think this guy should just stick to toys. I don't want this level of fail existing in my other hobbies too. :evil:

Hex.

[ Perhaps drinking will get that crotch shot out of my head. Ewwww... :P ]