IGNORED

Huge CIB INTV collection with tons of Rare Games & Hardware!

jeremysart

It's kinda like watching somebody play long-distance Whack-a-Mole. I don't know what he's going to do about the last-second bidders, though (don't snipers have ways of scheduling those?). I guess he thinks that the neg he's certain to get is worth keeping the stuff. But, if that's the case, why didn't he put a reserve on it or start it higher in the first place?

It's kinda like watching somebody play long-distance Whack-a-Mole. I don't know what he's going to do about the last-second bidders, though (don't snipers have ways of scheduling those?). I guess he thinks that the neg he's certain to get is worth keeping the stuff. But, if that's the case, why didn't he put a reserve on it or start it higher in the first place?

Not like it was a 3 day quicky auction it was 10 days Long enough time to pull it properly but ...

Wow, wish I would have seen this post earlier.

No, I did not decide to keep the stuff, and no, I am not side dealing it to someone from eBay.

Look, if anyone from AA was watching it, and hoping to bid, I am truley sorry and I mean that. And if I had decided to keep it, yes, a good chunk of it was going to go to charity.

Way before the auction was coming to a close, I posted this listing in both the Intellivision forums, and here in the marketplace stating "If anyone of AA was interested, send me an offer, I would rather sell it to someone here, that I know, rather than use eBay"

I got no offers on it, I only got one PM from someone here on AA.

And that is exactly what happened. I would rather sell it to someone here.

I am well aware that you are not supposed to end an auction within 12 hours, that is why my only option is to cancel bids and appologize. I firstly apologized as I was cancelling them, and when the very same people bid again, over and over, its getting frustrating.

Well I'll tell you what, I have enough damned frustration in my life right now, why do you think I'm selling off most of my game collection. I reserve the right to do with it as I wish, its not like a single game or single system, its a big lot. All I can do is appologize and ask that anyone watching please stop bidding. And for those who dont understand what I am saying, and still want to try and frustrate my and make this more difficult for me than it already is.. no I am not legally bound if someone snipes it at the last second, because I already talked to eBay support about it, and if someone wins, all I have to do is let eBay know, and they will see that I had been canceling the bids all along. And please, I am not trying to challenge anyone, just try to understand.

Damn auction-4 hours of sleep will suck!

It will be funny though if there are enough bidders using preset sniping software that it actually drives up the price to a range he would be happy with.

I love the couple spots where he put down broken as a reason to end early-he broke everything just hours ago-opps.

It reminds me of a really cool 60s lamp I won for dirt cheap-after the listing ended the seller wrote me-I'm so sorry but one of the wood fins on the lamp broke and I cant sell it now.

I told her-oh thats ok, not to worry, I am a furniture maker/woodworker and I can fix it no problem.

Magically the lamp showed up flawless-haha-I love it

Wow, wish I would have seen this post earlier.

No, I did not decide to keep the stuff, and no, I am not side dealing it to someone from eBay.

Look, if anyone from AA was watching it, and hoping to bid, I am truley sorry and I mean that. And if I had decided to keep it, yes, a good chunk of it was going to go to charity.

Way before the auction was coming to a close, I posted this listing in both the Intellivision forums, and here in the marketplace stating "If anyone of AA was interested, send me an offer, I would rather sell it to someone here, that I know, rather than use eBay"

I got no offers on it, I only got one PM from someone here on AA.

And that is exactly what happened. I would rather sell it to someone here.

I am well aware that you are not supposed to end an auction within 12 hours, that is why my only option is to cancel bids and appologize. I firstly apologized as I was cancelling them, and when the very same people bid again, over and over, its getting frustrating.

Well I'll tell you what, I have enough damned frustration in my life right now, why do you think I'm selling off most of my game collection. I reserve the right to do with it as I wish, its not like a single game or single system, its a big lot. All I can do is appologize and ask that anyone watching please stop bidding. And for those who dont understand what I am saying, and still want to try and frustrate my and make this more difficult for me than it already is.. no I am not legally bound if someone snipes it at the last second, because I already talked to eBay support about it, and if someone wins, all I have to do is let eBay know, and they will see that I had been canceling the bids all along. And please, I am not trying to challenge anyone, just try to understand.

Well at least I think I can go to bed now :)

I didnt see your post before my other last one, best of luck with the ticked ebayers, cheers

Damn auction-4 hours of sleep will suck!

It will be funny though if there are enough bidders using preset sniping software that it actually drives up the price to a range he would be happy with.

I love the couple spots where he put down broken as a reason to end early-he broke everything just hours ago-opps.

It reminds me of a really cool 60s lamp I won for dirt cheap-after the listing ended the seller wrote me-I'm so sorry but one of the wood fins on the lamp broke and I cant sell it now.

I told her-oh thats ok, not to worry, I am a furniture maker/woodworker and I can fix it no problem.

Magically the lamp showed up flawless-haha-I love it

Yeeaah.. thanks for not reading my reply right above your post. I am the person who listed that auction..

Its getting sold to someone on Atariage. Its broken to eBay users.. sorry :roll:

For what it means though, I am honestly very sorry for anoyone here that was watching it, but you have just got to understand the circumstace. I did offer it up here first and early on in the auction and there was no interest. I just did what I had too, its not like I am stealing someones money, or send broken stuff to someone. Im just ending an auction and selling to someone I know..

Well at least I think I can go to bed now :)

I didnt see your post before my other last one, best of luck with the ticked ebayers, cheers

Lol. Well thanks for understanding.. I could care less about eBay, I just hope nobody here is pissed at me. I would never try to wrong somebody. I just did what worked out best for two people.

"Yeeaah.. thanks for not reading my reply right above your post. I am the person who listed that auction.."

Well see how that works-if I'm writing my post before you post yours, its not right above mine. I can read even with a name like stupus :)

and I take it back I cant go to bed, that price is shooting up buy the minute, to entertaining watching those pantomime bidders :)

And no hard feelings on my end-there are always more vidya games coming around, other than maybe a air raid box.

Edited by stupus

Well good luck hope it all works out for you :)

But to the casual observer it does smell of side deal even if it isnt a ebay user

You could have somehow convinced ebay support to just end the auction for you if they are aware of you situation they have that power

"Yeeaah.. thanks for not reading my reply right above your post. I am the person who listed that auction.."

Well see how that works-if I'm writing my post before you post yours, its not right above mine. I can read even with a name like stupus :)

and I take it back I cant go to bed, that price is shooting up buy the minute, to entertaining watching those pantomime bidders :)

And no hard feelings on my end-there are always more vidya games coming around, other than maybe a air rid box.

Yeah I noticed that after I replied. No hard feelings here either. Who knows, I might have gotten a lot more than a $1000, it just shot up to 700 pretty damned fast.. but whatever I guess, whats done is done, its going to someone I know from here, and I dont have to deal with eBay anymore. Well, at least after the next 15 minutes :|

Well good luck hope it all works out for you :)

But to the casual observer it does smell of side deal even if it isnt a ebay user

You could have somehow convinced ebay support to just end the auction for you if they are aware of you situation they have that power

I did try that, I did live chat and called them, they both told me the same thing; after 12 hours nothing can be done. They told be to cancel the bids and explain. I really dont understand why they couldnt end the auction and auto cancel the bids. That would have made me look like much less of an ass.

*Edit* Yeah, wow, that was disasterous. Someone bid anyway, after I sent them a message. Oi. That was insane.

Edited by jeremysart

I think that the price would have gone substantially higher. I put up a bid but I was prepared to go a lot higher until you canceled my bid. If you had let the auction run I think that you would have been very happy with the price. I suspect that you had a lot of watchers.

As if anyone seriously gives a fuck about your bid McGrail. Come on man lets be honest here, you know all you would have done is chopped up the lot and resold it for dodectuple or more what you paid for it. He sold it to a fellow collector here on AtariAge for the very specific reason of making sure this stuff didn't end up in the hands of a slimer and you know it. Take a second and pull your head out of your ass will ya? :roll: