IGNORED

Air Raid for $3k BIN, label is pretty beat

Shawn

Shawn, when using the [ebay] bbcode, please just use the item number by itself. It doesn't work properly if you use the entire URL.

Thanks,

..Al

OK, I noticed that and when I went back to fix it you already had. Hey at least I'm trying :grin:

EDIT: I sent a message to the seller asking about local pickup. I'll report back *if* they respond.

Well I just got word back from this seller and he said it can be picked up locally and paid by choice of paypal or cash in person so that leans towards this auction being legit.

given he knows the value of this title and doesnt make it clear that it WORKS, I'd be pretty cautious ;)

A poor mans Air Raid this might be but it's still an Air Raid none the less.

I've had a pretty open line of communication with this seller and they are emailing me pictures of Air Raid and the London Blitz carts right soon here. They also confimed to me the Air Raid cartridge is in full working order. Myself I was willing to pay $500ish for this Air Raid cart (I know keep dreaming flyboy it's still worth at least a grand) even on my budget (budget=nil). So I hope the little bit of leg work helps benifits someone else here on AA to get a copy of Air Raid cheaper than if it was a minty one. With that said, I'd still want to pick it up in person just to be 100 percent sure of things.

Okay if anyone can give me a good idea of what this is worth in this condition it would be very helpful. I bid 1k on this and am waiting for pics before going any higher. I really want this, it would be an awesome addition to my collection. I am also concerned that many more will be up for sale soon(with all the attention Tanman Got) driving down the price or worth of the cart. Anyone have any credible idea what it is worth?

Okay if anyone can give me a good idea of what this is worth in this condition it would be very helpful. I bid 1k on this and am waiting for pics before going any higher. I really want this, it would be an awesome addition to my collection. I am also concerned that many more will be up for sale soon(with all the attention Tanman Got) driving down the price or worth of the cart. Anyone have any credible idea what it is worth?

In this condition I think $1k is a fair price but then again I wouldn't be suprised to see someone drop alot more on it even though it's not "worth more than that". It might be "worth more than that" to whoever to have it right now and a foolish high bid is what they are gonna have to pay to own one right now condition of the cart be damned.

I think it depends on condition. When Tanman was only auctioning the cart, it was at $4,150 and the auction was half finished before he pulled it. So, I think it is worth at least $5,000 in good condition especially since it is now confirmed to be a US release. Since this cart has been opened, I would want to make sure the cart works....especially with it being an eprom. I would be saddened if somebody paid the $3000 and the thing does not work.....if I were the seller, I would make sure this game works, especially for the $$$ he/she can potentially get.

The spare one that I have for sale right is in very good condition and I have received offers way higher than $1,000.

In this condition I think $1k is a fair price but then again I wouldn't be suprised to see someone drop alot more on it even though it's not "worth more than that". It might be "worth more than that" to whoever to have it right now and a foolish high bid is what they are gonna have to pay to own one right now condition of the cart be damned.

Thanks, I thought 1000 was a fair price as well, I am still waiting for the pics, It does look rough. I would be willing to go a little higher if I like the pics, but I am figuring that the pics aren't going to make me want to go higher.

My major concern is that it has been opened and the seller has not test it. If he wants to get good value, I would test it......I would be careful.....I have seen auctions like these where they have pulled similar stunts and the buyer(s) get(s) screwed.......just watching out for ya.....

My major concern is that it has been opened and the seller has not test it. If he wants to get good value, I would test it......I would be careful.....I have seen auctions like these where they have pulled similar stunts and the buyer(s) get(s) screwed.......just watching out for ya.....

That's a major concern of mine too. For all I know it may be Space Jockey inside of it!

So what if it doesn't work, it's got an EPROM inside? :ponder:

True....... That is my concern, that this guy/girl opened it up and exposed it to the light...thus, why he/she does not want to prove that it works because it does not...... my two cents... ;)

BTW, my Air Raids were great!!! :)

That's a major concern of mine too. For all I know it may be Space Jockey inside of it!

Got the Pics, The games seems to be in working order, but man the cart is HIT! I don't think I'll be bidding any higher than 1k.

post-25505-127128152347_thumb.jpg

post-25505-127128153351_thumb.jpg

By the way Wonder, If I make it out to LA I too would like to see your collection. I hope soon to be able to give you a run for your money on these high profile auctions.

I do not mind showing off my collection, the problem is that everything is boxed right now because of my on-going fight with the city to remodel the house. I think I am just going to move; not sure yet. Once I have everything up, you and everybody can stop-by for some Atari 2600 fun..... :)