IGNORED

Ebay should change it's name to "Buy-it-NowBay'

Rev

What ever happened to "auctions"? :x

prob. more than 75% of listings start at the maximum price someone wants for there stuff.leaving me no chance of getting a good deal.

for example,just look at this quick search i did for colecovision games:

My link (Newly listed items option)

Anyone else getting tired of this? Or are you part of the problem!!!!! :D

I listed this auction a couple days ago....started it at $49.99 which was a good deal and it's working fine for me...

I just htink the game side of Ebay has gone to minimum price auctions....the good ones know they wil be sold and don't need buy it now...

That cant be as this auction.colecovision frogger 3threedeep eBay Auction -- Item Number: 120557546451 1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item= 120557546451 &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

the starting price is 300.....i dont think its worth that much or someone would of bought it.

Edited by revolutionika

I listed this auction a couple days ago....started it at $49.99 which was a good deal and it's working fine for me...

I just htink the game side of Ebay has gone to minimum price auctions....the good ones know they wil be sold and don't need buy it now...

That cant be as this auction.colecovision frogger 3threedeep eBay Auction -- Item Number: 120557546451 1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item= 120557546451 &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

the starting price is 300.....i dont think its worth that much or someone would of bought it.

That seller has been listing that, and other CV titles, over and over for months on end. I was interested in one, sent an offer, and had an interesting exchange as to why the seller thinks these are so high in value. Long story short, don't even bother with this one.

The good ones...would be the good sellers....!

That seller has been listing that, and other CV titles, over and over for months on end. I was interested in one, sent an offer, and had an interesting exchange as to why the seller thinks these are so high in value. Long story short, don't even bother with this one.

do some people just like to see 'high' dollar games up on their ebay page? :D

Most of that guys auctions are 2 - 5 times what they go for. I made some reasonable offers, but he never got back to me. HHW

What ever happened to "auctions"? :x

prob. more than 75% of listings start at the maximum price someone wants for there stuff.leaving me no chance of getting a good deal.

for example,just look at this quick search i did for colecovision games:

My link (Newly listed items option)

Anyone else getting tired of this? Or are you part of the problem!!!!! :D

I couldn't agree more. I hadn't shopped on eBay in awhile, but recently I've been trying to beef up my TurboGrafx collection, and 90% of the "auctions" are BINs with outrageously high prices. I just keep my eye on the sale section of multiple forums, and check eBay for the occasional traditional auction.

Chris

You link is not working, buddy. HHW

I think the link is fixed now, but I wasnt really trying to sell my auction here...

One born every minute? But hoping to snag overpriced sales is not a sustainable business model. Know the value of what you're selling or sell it as an auction.

As a long time seller, I have found that well priced Buy It Now items sell better than auctions. Most people new to eBay don't get the auction thing. And instant gratification is part of American consumerism.

Funny I had the same thought when recently doing a search on Colecovision as well.

I feel part of this trend is the result of eBay's policy moves of recent years that encouraged the more professional sellers operating stores over the community garage sale of old.

But it could also be a sign that the supply of classic video games now rests in collector/retailer hands. And its fewer and fewer people who are finding their kids toys to throw on eBay.