IGNORED

-Deleted-

Kjmann

Just what it says folks. I just finished getting a working prototype running (Actually it's more like a mess of chips and wires, LOL) and we submitted the patent for the design last week.

It's easy to use, The Box has 2 Ports and a Cord attached to it.

a 9 pin port for your 7800/Sega contoller

a 15 pin port for a 5200 controller (For using the keypad)

a cord with a 15 pin plug to attach to the 5200 joystick port.

use a 7800 controller with both fire buttons working for the two 5200 fire buttons or just flip a switch on the box and use a sega controller instead with two button compatibility as well.

I have successfully tested The Following controllers with it.

Atari 7800 CX-24 Proline Stick

Atari 7800 GamePad

Sega Master System GamePad

Sega Genesis GamePad (3-button version)

I will be working on refining the design for the next month or so assuming I can Stay well. (i've been very sick lately)

This would have been done much sooner if I hadn't been under the weather so much. =)

I will keep people posted.

you could add a 9 pin male next to the 15 pin to allow the use of a modified touchpad since basically the whole purpose of a convertor is to solve the problem of the nonresponsive buttons

when finished throw one on ebay at cost and see what people will bid

Just what it says folks. I just finished getting a working prototype running (Actually it's more like a mess of chips and wires, LOL) and we submitted the patent for the design last week.

It's easy to use, The Box has 2 Ports and a Cord attached to it.

a 9 pin port for your 7800/Sega contoller

a 15 pin port for a 5200 controller (For using the keypad)

a cord with a 15 pin plug to attach to the 5200 joystick port.

use a 7800 controller with both fire buttons working for the two 5200 fire buttons or just flip a switch on the box and use a sega controller instead with two button compatibility as well.

I have successfully tested The Following controllers with it.

Atari 7800 CX-24 Proline Stick

Atari 7800 GamePad

Sega Master System GamePad

Sega Genesis GamePad (3-button version)

I will be working on refining the design for the next month or so assuming I can Stay well. (i've been very sick lately)

This would have been done much sooner if I hadn't been under the weather so much. =)

I will keep people posted.

you could add a 9 pin male next to the 15 pin to allow the use of a modified touchpad since basically the whole purpose of a convertor is to solve the problem of the nonresponsive buttons

What modifications need to be done to a 9 pin touchpad to make it work?

The Non Responsive Buttons are more related to the Fire Buttons. Not The Keypad so much.

When I'm Finished I don't know yet how much they will cost. but they will be listed in my ebay store as a fixed price and at video61 for the same price.

The Non Responsive Buttons are more related to the Fire Buttons. Not The Keypad so much.

When I'm Finished I don't know yet how much they will cost. but they will be listed in my ebay store as a fixed price and at video61 for the same price.

Bohoki is right. The non-responsive buttons are all of them, not just the fire buttons. So you are offering a converter to replace the 5200 controllers with the PAIN-line controllers? :ponder:

Well at least they work with a Genesis controller. I do prefer the Genesis controller over the 5200 for a few games.

Allan

Bohoki is right. The non-responsive buttons are all of them, not just the fire buttons. So you are offering a converter to replace the 5200 controllers with the PAIN-line controllers? :ponder:

Well at least they work with a Genesis controller. I do prefer the Genesis controller over the 5200 for a few games.

Allan

I have 7 5200 Controllers and all of them have Keypads that work just Fine.

but, I now see that when a person releases something for the 5200 community, all anyone does is complain. No wonder people warned me about doing anything for the 5200 community.

I offered a nice Inexpensive digital controller solution for the 5200 That uses 7800 controllers or Sega Controllers to replace the crummy non centering controllers on the system and all I've received so far is complaints.

So I will say forget it and I will put the product on the shelf. You don't have to worry about it anymore.

Allan

but, I now see that when a person releases something for the 5200 community, all anyone does is complain. No wonder people warned me about doing anything for the 5200 community.

I offered a nice Inexpensive digital controller solution for the 5200 That uses 7800 controllers or Sega Controllers to replace the crummy non centering controllers on the system and all I've received so far is complaints.

So I will say forget it and I will put the product on the shelf. You don't have to worry about it anymore.

sorry to sound complaining its is so easy to modify any touchpad inside there are 2 resistors if you cut any leg of any resistor it isolates the columns then the matrix is then free for use on the 5200

to me it wasnt so much the floaty stick as it was the buttons that bothered me on the 5200

although after using analog pc sticks it does show how annoying the floaty stick is

i wish you luck

experimental devices are not often embraced

Allan

Well I was looking forward to this if you decide to go ahead with it Ill buy when ready

If not I want to thank the complainers who just couldn't keep quiet not many people are trying things on a decades old system.

Allan

I was actually trying to do you a favor. I've had dozens of 5200 controllers and a common problem is the flex circuit that all the buttons use. If you go to Best Electronic's website you will see that they remade ALL the buttons with gold contacts. Why? Because they all have the same problem. Why would they spend all that money if there was no problem with the other buttons? Think about it?

Another piece of advise. If you are trying to sell something, it might be good idea to not piss off the people that you are trying to sell things to. Insulting them is not going to help sales. And if you think that the people who buy stuff for one system/computer are not the same people who buy stuff for other systems/computers, you are wrong. I have bought something from you in the past and was considering buying a number of things from you in the future but now I definitely will reconsider that with your remarks above.

Good luck with that attitude.

Allan

I was actually trying to do you a favor. I've had dozens of 5200 controllers and a common problem is the flex circuit that all the buttons use. If you go to Best Electronic's website you will see that they remade ALL the buttons with gold contacts. Why? Because they all have the same problem. Why would they spend all that money if there was no problem with the other buttons? Think about it?

Another piece of advise. If you are trying to sell something, it might be good idea to not piss off the people that you are trying to sell things to. Insulting them is not going to help sales. And if you think that the people who buy stuff for one system/computer are not the same people who buy stuff for other systems/computers, you are wrong. I have bought something from you in the past and was considering buying a number of things from you in the future but now I definitely will reconsider that with your remarks above.

Good luck with that attitude.

Allan, save your breath...this guy is a drama queen and it's not the first time he's thrown a fit over nothing.

I don't think Albert saw the need to patient his though :P

Why, was it sick? ;)

I think he meant "patent".

But my two cents on the buttons-- bohoki got the right idea there-- use a touchpad which has the solid PCB and remap the buttons to the touchpad. If you don't want to do it yourself, there's a digital joystick adapter:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205197804481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320519780448&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That will plug into the DB15 connector of the Y cable of Wico or any other DB15 male connector that passes the upper 8 signals of the 15 signals and allow you to use the touchpad with your A5200. Start, Pause, Reset replace the 2,5,8 keys on the touchpad since touchpad has 3 less keys than A5200 keypad.

WTH???

You guys are rough. I'm interested in the project, I was actually watching this thread. Kjman, take a little constructive criticism, but pay no mind to the hit-and runs with nothing to contribute. :roll: Allan may have seemed a bit crass about it, but the 7800 controllers are probably not an option anyone wants really. I can't imagine caring about the keypad though. Those never wear, probably because they're rarely used. The Genesis option is definitely worthwhile. I am one of those odd birds that really like the 5200 controllers, but I always jump on the homemade stuff just to have and/or when I have company playing.

Anyways, don't let criticism get ya down.

Hey everyone,

Just some notes on great salesmanship.

I am really proud to say that I am building

a 5200 controller adapter. The difference with

mine is, it will have an atmega168 microcontroller

in it, and four ports. (See my post in the 5200 forums)

PORT ONE is for a keypad which will be always on.

PORT TWO: Mouse/OR Trackball

PORT THREE Joystick

PORT FOUR: Paddle..

Well, I know what you're thinking, hows this any

different??

the plugjacks are going to be all DB9-PINNERS.

I am going to code for the atmega168 to accept many

standard controllers and this chip will cover the converting

to make it very acurate. FIRMWARE will be made to

setup each port for the different controllers out there.

Then I will make a set of controllers for the unit, but

I have to find controllers that are in production currently,

and can be expected to last // be ordered for a couple

years.

Special adapters will be designed which will convert

some of the nicest items out there, like arcade quality

trackballs// or very precise USB Mouses or trackballs

to be used as Trackballs. This will be the hardest part.

I will be making adapters for many standard josticks also..

So my task is a hard one, very ambitious, but now back to this thread..

When potential customers, Peers, and perhaps friends make

weird statements, potential putdowns, or mush-brained

comments... do not ever take them in offense... Allways

stay a consumate professional in all ways, and accept

all comments as even the least dignified one has elements

of humanity. and kernals of retro-retribution.. I mean these

original 5200 controllers are really behind all the anger in this thread..

Hopefully, I can make the unltimate adapter unit and cure

somebodies retro-blues.

Boy are my fingers tired..

Thanks for listening .

Rob.

Why, was it sick? ;)

But my two cents on the buttons-- bohoki got the right idea there-- use a touchpad which has the solid PCB and remap the buttons to the touchpad. If you don't want to do it yourself, there's a digital joystick adapter:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205197804481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320519780448&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That will plug into the DB15 connector of the Y cable of Wico or any other DB15 male connector that passes the upper 8 signals of the 15 signals and allow you to use the touchpad with your A5200. Start, Pause, Reset replace the 2,5,8 keys on the touchpad since touchpad has 3 less keys than A5200 keypad.

that adapter is worthless with the shield it wont stay in the machine the description is more confused than the seller

Why, was it sick? ;)

that adapter is worthless with the shield it wont stay in the machine the description is more confused than the seller

It comes out only if you pull on it. It does stay in the machine. Yeah, the plastic ones are better but they cost a ton more to make. If you just use it for touchpad, it's pretty simple. Just plug the touchpad into the DB9 connector (one without the blue jumper) and the DB15 connector into the a5200. You can also use an extension cable if you want a tighter connection to the A5200 port. I have been using the set up for many years now.

The 2nd DB9 is more complex as it provides interface to PC as well as for Atari 2600 Paddles, but it's optional; you can leave it unconnected if you just want to use the keyboard controller or touchpad.