IGNORED

Look at the reply i got when i asked for no Bubblope!

Rev

I just bought a semi-rare intv boxed game from ebay.the box was immaculate from the pics.

I emailed him and asked to please not ship in a envelope or bubble envelope as i collect games and the game box would be flattenned like a pancake....here is the response i got ,what do ya think? :

I will charge an extra $5 for shipping in a box; otherwise, I suggest cancelling the transaction.

:|

What a lazy prick. I shipped out 3 packages a couple weeks ago all in actual boxes with some packing material. The most expensive was $5. Total. One was $2. (I hope they all arrived OK) Charging an extra $5 is just his way of saying "I'm lazy and don't want to go through the trouble of finding an actual box or getting off my fat ass to go to the post office and buy one from them."

/rant

I bet a nice little report to eBay will get his lazy ass moving with it in a box. What you charge for shipping is what you charge for shipping, you can't ask for more after the auction is completed.

i know,and it is his responsibilty to make sure it is packed so it arrives in the same condition as i bought it!

edit: i just looked at his store inventory,almost his his entire stock is cd's,dvd's and carts.those would be fine in a bubble envelope.but not a cardboard game box,what a careless sob.

Edited by revolutionika

I have found the same attitude from sellers who are selling systems complete in the box.

It's advertised as complete in the box. The box is in the pictures. Bidders are interested in the box; frequently, they'll update the auction to say "I've had several questions about the box" and provide more information, or pictures. The box adds significant value to the item, and is - in effect - part of the merchandise. If it wasn't, why would they advertise "IN BOX" for systems?

Then you win the item and they want to ship it in the original system box. You're a troublesome prick if you ask about "re-boxing." I love that term - "re-boxing" - as if to say "It's already boxed, but since I'm selling to a prick who wants another box.

Why don't they just adverise "Complete with box that looks great and adds significant value to the auction but will be complete sh*t when it gets to you." Oh, that'd be ridiculous? Yeah, about as ridiculous as shipping in the original box that you advertised.

I bet a nice little report to eBay will get his lazy ass moving with it in a box. What you charge for shipping is what you charge for shipping, you can't ask for more after the auction is completed.

Of course you can if someone asks for additional services. I'm not necessarily defending this seller because I don't know the whole situation, but an extra $5 to ship in a box is not outrageous, as long as the original shipping estimate was only a few bucks. Not everyone has piles of empty used shipping boxes in just the right size sitting around. Assuming he has to buy a small shipping box, it costs a minimum of $2.00 at Walmart or Target. The USPS then charges an extra couple bucks to ship a box as opposed to a bubble envelope. The free Priority Mail boxes they are giving away now are thin cardboard. I have had two games sent this way recently and both arrived dented despite adequate packing by the seller. If this really is a rare item, just pay for the stupid box and additional shipping.

Could you post a link to the auction?

Did it state in the aucton description how they were going to ship it?

It depends on what the original shipping charge is and how they were shipping it and where the auction was located(what country). Whether it was parcel post, 1st class or priority makes a difference as well as if they were going to use a flat rate box.

Difficult to say/judge without knowing all the details imo.

I just shipped out a bunch of boxed atari games for Rev today. one box had about 17 to 20 boxed games in it. Media mail with delivery confirmation total $5.91.. so yeah an extra $5.00 to ship in box sucks man! yeah please post the auction so I can check if off as never to buy from!!

If the shipping cost listed is equal or more than what it would cost to ship in box than its BS. If it was a super low listed price like $2 to begin with than $5 bucks is annoying but at least not too crazy. I've sucked up a couple bucks to get it sent right. If its outrageous you can always neg the seller. As far as free boxes go, retail stores are your friend. They are always happy to give them to you free if your nice, its just garbage to them.

Linky to auction?

Edited by coyo5050

I just shipped out a bunch of boxed atari games for Rev today. one box had about 17 to 20 boxed games in it. Media mail with delivery confirmation total $5.91.. so yeah an extra $5.00 to ship in box sucks man! yeah please post the auction so I can check if off as never to buy from!!

Per one of the previous posts, it would be nice to see the original auction to know what the original shipping cost was and what the seller actually stated about how he ships. Unfortunately, the default shipping style of most sellers on Ebay today is bubble envelope. As a collector, it sucks, but I know to contact the seller before I bid to clarify how the item will be packed and shipped.

While you may have been able to get away with shipping via media mail and had a spare box, I don't believe the post office allows cartridge shipments via media mail and if they had opened it, the recipient would have been on the hook for the actual parcel or first class rate. It doesn't happen too often, but it happened to me twice (once as a buyer and once as a seller) and it caused a lot of problems and delays and in both cases, I ended up eating at least $5 in additional costs.

It's not like this guy was demanding $20 for boxed shipping. I don't think $8 (I'm assuming it was $3 shipping originally until I see the auction) for a box and the proper shipping (i.e. not media mail) is crazy (although I will agree it is on the high side) and the fact that the seller was willing to cancel the auction, while stated in a perhaps too abrupt manner, is not unreasonable since he is allowing the buyer to back out if he doesn't agree to the additional shipping costs.

Edited by bojay1997

I just got a message from a different ebay seller.( NOT THE SAME GUY THAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT).this guy actually just refunded me some money on shipping after he combined it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY CAN'T ALL EBAY SELLERS BE LIKE WYN1BOB???

here is the message from wyn1bob:

Hi,Just a short note to let you know that your package was shipped this morning by USPS Priority Mail. Average shipping times for this service is 2 to 3 business days. $11.85 has been refunded back to you through Paypal for the overpayment of shipping charges. Your delivery confirmation number is 910xxxxxxxxxxx. Positive feedback has been left for you on each of your purchases. Thank you for all of your purchases. I hope to see you back soon. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Bob

Edited by revolutionika

It depends on what the original shipping charge is and how they were shipping it and where the auction was located(what country). Whether it was parcel post, 1st class or priority makes a difference as well as if they were going to use a flat rate box.

I will link the auction after the game is delivered,i don't want to jinks anything!

i have decided to pay the 5 dollars because i really want the game,it may be a long time before another one pops up.after i pay the additional 5 dollars the whole acution will have cost me 14.00.i guess i am willing to live with it because it fills a gap in my collection.but i still don't like it!!!!!! :x

WHY CAN'T ALL EBAY SELLERS BE LIKE WYN1BOB???

I bought 3 games from him back in January (Don't remember which ones).

But he was great to do business with.

Someone sent me a boxed game in a padded envelope this year. If the game hadn't already been in poor condition i would of complained.

I will link the auction after the game is delivered,i don't want to jinks anything!

i have decided to pay the 5 dollars because i really want the game,it may be a long time before another one pops up.after i pay the additional 5 dollars the whole acution will have cost me 14.00.i guess i am willing to live with it because it fills a gap in my collection.but i still don't like it!!!!!! :x

Forget the link, how about answering our questions about how much base shipping was? Did the seller state how the item was going to be packaged in the listing?

Edited by bojay1997

Forget the link, how about answering our questions about how much base shipping was? Did the seller state how the item was going to be packaged in the listing?

It was a buyitnow with free shipping.but still......he should of figured it in the buyitnow price.who wants to receive a damaged game?

from the auction there isnt much details about how he ships,this is it:

Shipping:FREE shipping US Postal Service First Class MailSee more services

Estimated delivery within 7-10 business days.

Edited by revolutionika

Bojay is 100% correct. You can NOT ship games in any format via Media Mail, officially-speaking. Now, that's not to say people don't get away with it all the time, but it's not allowed by their policies.

http://pe.usps.com/text/CSR/PS-334.htm

I had a seller recently send me a Commodore 1702 poorly packaged in a box and it was amazingly sent via Media Mail. I actually bought two monitors from this seller and they were supposed to be shipped via UPS. The seller sent the first one via UPS and must have decided that was WAY too expensive, so they sent the second one via Media Mail. Of course it arrived damaged (due to the poor packaging) and now the seller is being a complete ass and refuses to give me a refund without my sending the monitor back. That, of course, would put me even further in the hole. And the other monitor I won from them was in much worse shape than described and pictured in the auction. Seller has been lying saying the monitors were shipped in good and clean condition and well packaged. I'm really hating eBay more and more.

I'm about to threaten this seller that I'm going to turn him in to the Postal Service for fraud if I don't get a refund immediately.

..Al