IGNORED

Look at the reply i got when i asked for no Bubblope!

Rev

I just shipped out a bunch of boxed atari games for Rev today. one box had about 17 to 20 boxed games in it. Media mail with delivery confirmation total $5.91.. so yeah an extra $5.00 to ship in box sucks man! yeah please post the auction so I can check if off as never to buy from!!

Media mail is not allowed for computer games. If they open that box and check contents, the receiver will receive a substantial postage due on it.

So your example is not valid as you shipped items not allowed in media mail.

Could you post a link to the auction?

Did it state in the aucton description how they were going to ship it?

It depends on what the original shipping charge is and how they were shipping it and where the auction was located(what country). Whether it was parcel post, 1st class or priority makes a difference as well as if they were going to use a flat rate box.

Difficult to say/judge without knowing all the details imo.

I will link the auction after the game is delivered,i don't want to jinks anything!

i have decided to pay the 5 dollars because i really want the game,it may be a long time before another one pops up.after i pay the additional 5 dollars the whole acution will have cost me 14.00.i guess i am willing to live with it because it fills a gap in my collection.but i still don't like it!!!!!! :x

I know what it was, but I won't Jinx ya. :P

It depends on what the original shipping charge is and how they were shipping it and where the auction was located(what country). Whether it was parcel post, 1st class or priority makes a difference as well as if they were going to use a flat rate box.

I will link the auction after the game is delivered,i don't want to jinks anything!

i have decided to pay the 5 dollars because i really want the game,it may be a long time before another one pops up.after i pay the additional 5 dollars the whole acution will have cost me 14.00.i guess i am willing to live with it because it fills a gap in my collection.but i still don't like it!!!!!! :x

i have my 1st official stalker!!!! :P

Forget the link, how about answering our questions about how much base shipping was? Did the seller state how the item was going to be packaged in the listing?

It was a buyitnow with free shipping.but still......he should of figured it in the buyitnow price.who wants to receive a damaged game?

from the auction there isnt much details about how he ships,this is it:

Shipping:FREE shipping US Postal Service First Class MailSee more services

Estimated delivery within 7-10 business days.

I'm sorry, but based on this information, I don't think the seller was being unreasonable at all. The item was $9 total. Shipping was free and there was no representation that any box would be provided. Asking you for $5 for the box and additional shipping seems very reasonable. He even gave you a chance to cancel the purchase if you didn't agree. I think you are the one who was being unreasonable in this particular case.

Edited by bojay1997

Forget the link, how about answering our questions about how much base shipping was? Did the seller state how the item was going to be packaged in the listing?

It was a buyitnow with free shipping.but still......he should of figured it in the buyitnow price.who wants to receive a damaged game?

I'm sorry, but based on this information, I don't think the seller was being unreasonable at all. The item was $9 total. Shipping was free and there was no representation that any box would be provided. Asking you for $5 for the box and additional shipping seems very reasonable. He even gave you a chance to cancel the purchase if you didn't agree. I think you are the one who was being unreasonable in this particular case.

well,the initial message from the guy took me by surprise for sure.maybe you are right,maybe you are wrong.

but.......if i bid on any particular item(not just boxed games) i and most people feel it is the sellers responsibility to get it the buyer in the same shape as it was sold,reguardless of how much shipping was.

Yes he offered "free" shippping,but we both know that shipping was figured in the buy it now price of the auction.most if not all people do this.

either way, i want the game and am letting myself being strongarmed into paying it...

Edited by revolutionika

i have my 1st official stalker!!!! :P

I stalk anyone, That buys vintage games on Ebay. Everyone has to have a hobby. :D

well,the initial message from the guy took me by surprise for sure.maybe you are right,maybe you are wrong.

but.......if i bid on any particular item(not just boxed games) i and most people feel it is the sellers responsibility to get it the buyer in the same shape as it was sold,reguardless of how much shipping was.

Yes he offered "free" shippping,but we both know that shipping was figured in the buy it now price of the auction.most if not all people do this.

either way, i want the game and am letting myself being strongarmed into paying it...

I agree that getting something in the same condition it was sold in is my expectation which is why I always e-mail the seller before I bid to clarify issues like shipping, condition, insurance, etc...Bidding on an item blindly assuming the item will be shipped to you boxed in perfect packaging is guaranteed to end up in disappointment. I can tell you from personal experience that probably nine out of ten sellers I deal with on Ebay nowadays will charge extra for boxed shipping and it is almost never included in game purchases, especially with free shipping. Unless a seller caters specifically to video game collectors (i.e. that's most of their business), they figure a little box smooshing or damage is no big deal. Assuming you are getting boxed first class shipping on a $9 item is absurd and while I commend you for checking, you should have done so before you bid to avoid any misunderstandings.

I had a seller recently send me a Commodore 1702 poorly packaged in a box and it was amazingly sent via Media Mail.

I recently had a complete boxed 520STm sent to me (Ebay item) that was Media Mail. It arrived ok because it was ONE of the few items I've received lately that was packaged very well.

The banged up DVD player I received a month (or so) ago was in Priority Mail box (actually two taped together) but later when I looked at the pre-printed tag (looks like one of those "print at home Ebay jobs) it does say "media mail."

Both got here; they must be lax on checking or sellers wouldn't be getting away with it. I'm assuming along with Media Mail comes no insurance/delivery confirmation - as in it's not even offered with media mail service.

IMO in this case there is no "strong arming" especially since the seller gave an option to even cancel the sale and especially since the shipping was also free. The seller also could have said that the winning bidder did not check before they bid and could like what they get.

While I do see a lot of rediculous things occuring on Ebay at regular intervals in this case imo the seller was completely within his rights to ask for extra money.

I hope everyone takes care and best of luck with their sales and shopping. *Huggz*

ok,so maybe i am wrong in this case according a few of you...........

but what about all the times I,and alot of you guys here HAVE paid good money for shipping ,only to get a crushed game.......we should not have to even ask to get something in the same condition as we won it.

it is the sole responsibility of the seller.......i dare say that he should not be doing free shipping.it is misleading to say the least.i would rather pay extra to not have my stuff flattened by the post office.

what about Albert's own story in this thread? I bet he paid good money for those monitors.

Edited by revolutionika

Are you kidding? $5 for a fargin box???????? Sure charge and extra buck or two but five? That's bs.

Are you kidding? $5 for a fargin box???????? Sure charge and extra buck or two but five? That's bs.

oh, i WILL be paying the 5 bucks,and when i get the package i will see how much the shipping costs.I bet you know what the next thing i will do will be........:twisted:

oh, i WILL be paying the 5 bucks,and when i get the package i will see how much the shipping costs.I bet you know what the next thing i will do will be........:twisted:

IT would cost him around $2.00 to ship it in a bubblope first class. It will cost him $4.95 Priority, to ship it IN a free priority Box. He should have only charge ya $3.00 extre. IMO HHW

IT would cost him around $2.00 to ship it in a bubblope first class. It will cost him $4.95 Priority, to ship it IN a free priority Box. He should have only charge ya $3.00 extre. IMO HHW

:D

my_two_dollars.jpg

Personally I don't think the seller is obligated to put it in a box. He can ship it as he sees fit, but if it shows up mangled and crushed and rev opens up a complaint and wins, the seller has no right to cry about it later.

I've taken losses on shipping on eBay time and time again because someone wants something shipped a specific way. So what if I lose $1-$2? Good customer service is SO much more important to me. If I go out of my way to lose that $2 shipping a box when someone wants it, they will come back to buy other things from me. If I send them an e-mail saying "Oh, by the way, if you want it shipped that way, it will cost you $5 extra," even if I am in my rights to do so, there is a possibility that the individual might not come back and buy other things from me. Whether they're right or wrong or whether I'm right or wrong doesn't matter in this instance.

Do you really think rev will buy from this person again? He'll vote with his wallet and take his business elsewhere, and the seller has nobody to blame but him or herself for that. Even if it's justifiable for a person to ask for more money for shipping, I think it's bad customer service and ultimately will lose someone some sales.

:D

my_two_dollars.jpg

You forgot the capper......PLUS TIP!!!!

Personally I don't think the seller is obligated to put it in a box. He can ship it as he sees fit, but if it shows up mangled and crushed and rev opens up a complaint and wins, the seller has no right to cry about it later.

I've taken losses on shipping on eBay time and time again because someone wants something shipped a specific way. So what if I lose $1-$2? Good customer service is SO much more important to me. If I go out of my way to lose that $2 shipping a box when someone wants it, they will come back to buy other things from me.

I don't think anyone is disputing that how we would handle the situation is different than this seller. I have never shipped anything in anything less than a sturdy box (i.e. I don't use the new Priority Mail boxes that are barely stronger than an envelope and won't reuse a box that has any type of damage or weakness) and I always reflect the exact cost in my auctions and refund any difference.

Having said that, the whole point of this thread is that the OP is complaining about what seems to be a reasonable seller and just about everyone piled on without getting the facts straight. We can debate this all day, but a good quality box large enough to hold an Intellivision game with padding is $2.00 at a minimum if you have to buy it and first class shipping is another $3 with tracking. That doesn't include the extra handling if the seller doesn't have a ready supply of boxes sitting around and has to go out and buy one or locate one. Compared to throwing the item in a padded envelope which costs maybe fifty cents and another $2 for shipping, this is a big difference on what is essentially a $6 item. The seller was very generous in offering to cancel the sale considering he was under no obligation to do so. Maybe the seller could have been less abrupt in his reply, but given the fact that he was probably taken by surprise by the buyer not bothering to communicate his needs before the sale and the fact that we weren't provided all the facts initially by the OP, I am not 100% sure the seller's communications were reported accurately. The point is, both the buyer and the seller need to be reasonable. Buying and then asking questions later or hoping to win an Ebay dispute if the item gets damaged is a completely pointless exercise, especially on an item that sounds like a bargain.

I just shipped out a bunch of boxed atari games for Rev today. one box had about 17 to 20 boxed games in it. Media mail with delivery confirmation total $5.91.. so yeah an extra $5.00 to ship in box sucks man! yeah please post the auction so I can check if off as never to buy from!!

Are you serious? You mailed that many boxed games and it only cost you $5.91?? That must have been a pretty big box.

Holy crap, the same type of package here in Canada would easily be in excess of $20. :x

Are you serious? You mailed that many boxed games and it only cost you $5.91?? That must have been a pretty big box.

Holy crap, the same type of package here in Canada would easily be in excess of $20. :x

No, he mailed it Media Mail, which is not allowed for games. I posted a link to the USPS policy above. The low cost does not count if it's not an officially accepted way of shipping it. It should cost around what you said here as well, depending on exact size and weight of course. (Well, for 17 to 20 CIB games, maybe more like $15, but could approach $20 depending on destination and how it's packed.)

Knowing that it's a requirement that Media Mail packages are always sent to Europe to be used as the ball in a football game, then shipped back to the USA to their destination (that's why it takes 2 to 4 weeks) it's just wise not to ship anything plastic in them. This includes video games.

I'd chuck the seller a couple or three extra bucks for the box. Is it worth a few bucks to get that box in good condition? For me, I'd say yes. For you? You have to decide.