IGNORED

Hooked on 8-bit carts

Tanman

It is an original cartridge produced by Atari Inc., it is just a label and case variant.

Show me some Atari literature and or evidence and I'll believe it then. I remember when they were made and labeled. Atari NEVER used that cart housing in the pic. Nor would create label with font, spacing, and textual issues. Not to mention NO identifier number.

Edited by chrislynn5

Do you have a link to their page that would verify this?

Do you have anything Atari related showing it's made by Atari? No box, no instructions.

Atari wouldn't have produced these. The shell (brown) isn't Atari. The labels clearly are not Atari made. And if you look closely some have more text then others. No identification number on them.

I'll go dig up some research I did on these about 2 years ago, It might have been Bruce that said they were his.

Do you have a link to their page that would verify this?

I got an email from Bruce at B&C, he thinks the brown case is a Sirus case. But he did make some, he had a bunch of boards and made some labels but only used the Atari cases.

I think that was normal practice by distributors after the crash, they had parts and started making carts out of those parts. We've seen labels made by Al, Best. and B&C. But the BASIC and Assembler labels were not made to be exact, I would think that could get someone in trouble. :)

And real example of this was that Bruce sent me a LOGO cartridge and it was one he created and labeled (they are also floating around). I sent it back and he credited me back, I was looking for an Atari made cart.

Edited by chrislynn5
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks AtariGeezer.

The roms don't seem to run on Altira or Atari800Win Plus.

k1w1

I tested plato on Altirra, which tries to boot the modem handler and shows some text on the screen.

I am thinking these need real HW to run? I'll plop them in a Sic! 31-in-one cart to see if that makes a difference...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What it does do ? Testing head of 810 ?

This is the description of the Manufacturing Test Cartridge at Best Electronics

Atari 810 Factory Manufacturing Test Cartridge. 810 / 1050 Disk Drive number test (for internal Atari disk drive number slide select switches), Alignment test (requires an Oscilloscope and 5 1/4 Alignment disk), Interchange Test Disk Manufacturing Test (no print out) and 810 Sideboard ROM level check. ©

It formats a disk, writes to all sectors, then reads/verifies all sectors. That's all...

That description is closer to the Field Exerciser Cartridge except that it doesn't format the floppy. It writes all sectors, reads all sectors, then repeats until stopped(it takes almost 8 minutes to complete a pass). The other test is an alignment test, which just reads track 16 continously until stopped.