IGNORED

Tempting... :)

Tanman

$389 BIN is plain stupid.

Where's the manual? Did Mr. Original Owner 1982 encrust it with spunk?

I know that you have your wad of Air Raid cash, but do a bit more research into the fair market values for Atari games and make your bucks go really far.

Yeah, Howard Stern would probably have to devote a whole hour of his show to this game in order for someone to pay this price. ;)

That's right, I forgot he mentioned the game(s) on his show. I suppose that, along with the AVGN reviews, has gotten these 'forgotten favorites' alot more attention lately.

What would you guys say a fair price for this is? I've got one in immaculate shape and unlike the original owner (from eBay) that bought it back in '82, mine was only recently un-shrinkwrapped.

Not sure what they go for now but a couple years back it was around $100, complete and working. There is another one on ebay with the same buy it now with the manual. No way it is worth $400.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2205179022821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220517902282&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and one for $325

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1105189352211?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110518935221&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The only one sold recently on ebay was a loose cart for $51, don't think the plastic case and manual add $350 to value.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2004579681231?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200457968123&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

So maybe worth $150 to $200 complete.

Edited by kheffington

Yes Yes, I know it is way overpriced. I am not interested in buying in. I just thought it was an interesting auction that people would find also find interesting.

It seems that AAers like to post these auctions that show just absolutely silly prices. I'm not sure what good really comes from it, other than people commenting on what a more reasonable price might be. I suppose that's some sort of check & balance.

What would you guys say a fair price for this is? I've got one in immaculate shape and unlike the original owner (from eBay) that bought it back in '82, mine was only recently un-shrinkwrapped.

Well, before the whole Howard Stern talk, Custer's Revenge CIB was pretty much a $50 title. Probably it will get a bump from the hype before it settles back down.