IGNORED

Pitfall 'quicksand'

lhfreak

Back in the day I was always kinda disappointed about the lack of (what I thought) quicksand in the game. I assume those black pits is what they were talking about, but quicksand should be some hidden thing in the jungle....So instead what if the color was changed from black to the exact color of the surface Harry is running on? It would certainly shake things up while playing.....You know its there, but not exactly when its open or closed...

Would that be an easy hack?

What if the pits were only slightly differently colored so that you can see them, but it ain't easy?

I always thought if you fell into the pit, you should land in the tunnel below with the scorpion.

that would be a good idea.

I think someone with talent should do a remake of pitfall.how hard could it be!

I always thought if you fell into the pit, you should land in the tunnel below with the scorpion.

To hack that would be very simple (Thomas' disassembly shows you where to look...just remove the branch to the kill routine when falling). Unfortunately, it also means that the player could become trapped underground...since not all underground passages lead someplace (i.e. stuck behind brick walls on linked screens).

I think moding it do do something else when you hit the pit (slowdown or whatever) could be done.

Actually, if anybody ever makes a Pitfall III, that might be a cool addon to the game....I much prefer 2 to 1, but I was still a little bummed that they didn't have pits.

Whatever happened to Ed Pit 3? Tha'ts what caused me to find this board way back when, and as near as I can tell, it never happened....