IGNORED

Sealed Vidco Copy Cart

CPUWIZ

Are you sure this guy is a speed collector? :ponder: I did some research, and the person with this feedback is rareearthgames. Also Deusxmachina posted in the Air Raid forum he had received this game. The seller gives positive feedback to rareearthgames. So I add two, and two together, and this "Speed Collector" is not a speed collector. This guy has been in the hobby for years over a decade in fact. Sometimes I think we throw around these terms a little too quickly.

Are you sure this guy is a speed collector? :ponder: I did some research, and the person with this feedback is rareearthgames. Also Deusxmachina posted in the Air Raid forum he had received this game. The seller gives positive feedback to rareearthgames. So I add two, and two together, and this "Speed Collector" is not a speed collector. This guy has been in the hobby for years over a decade in fact. Sometimes I think we throw around these terms a little too quickly.

I went into the definition of a Speed collector in another thread. Someone that starts collecting fast and does not care about cost. You can collect for years and still start Speed collecting. Nothing bad about it, just a term. :)

I ask The Wiz about that sticker on it. He does not know if that really proves, it is NTSC. Maybe one of the Pal collectors could set this straight. :?

So no one is concerned about the 10 feedback (only) ? I almost purchased it out right until I saw that. I need your feedback on that.

Edited by Atari2600Lives

I ask The Wiz about that sticker on it. He does not know if that really proves, it is NTSC. Maybe one of the Pal collectors could set this straight. :?

So no one is concerned about the 10 feedback (only) ? I almost purchased it out right until I saw that. I need your feedback on that.

I wouldn't take the chance. For one thing it is 5 times what they go for. The 10 feedback is also something to worry about and also the Pal thing. Just doesn't sound good. IMO HHW

AFAIK the PAL version carries a I Want My Mommy sticker and the NTSC version carries a Dishaster sticker.

Also, a PAL version without sticker is known, that contains a Robot Fight cart from Home Vision.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

You don't need to worry about that seller, trust me, he is legit :D

As for the PAL/NTSC distinction, this is Sly's old copy, definately NTSC material. The Dishaster copies have onyl ever surfaced in the US. I Want My Mommy as a pack in has only ever surfaced in Europe (i used to have one ;) ) and the one with no stickerappears occasionally in Australia

AFAIK the PAL version carries a I Want My Mommy sticker and the NTSC version carries a Dishaster sticker.

Also, a PAL version without sticker is known, that contains a Robot Fight cart from Home Vision.

8)

Correct, althought we technically cant really talk about PAL and NTSC "version", but official NTSC release and official PAL release, as this is technically a copy cart, not a game. but only the Dishaster was released in the US

I have been collecting Atari 2600 since its inception, but when I have some money to burn I am a "speed collector", so it depends on how you want to look at the terminology. Speed collector to me does not necessarily mean a newbie trying to buy everything up like hhwolfman stated. I have bought out 3 Atari 2600 collectors full collections for a large price; that is also speed collecting to me. Cheers, FB :cool:

8)

Correct, althought we technically cant really talk about PAL and NTSC "version", but official NTSC release and official PAL release, as this is technically a copy cart, not a game. but only the Dishaster was released in the US

True.

BTW: I noticed that the Dishaster sticker on this sealed one is different from the Dishaster sticker on the one we have in our database.

8)

I bought mine in Australia, the cartridge is a vidco one but different than the sticker says, it's stamped in the back. What is it then, Pal or NTSC, or just a mixup?

Could be that it's NTSC because it came in a pack with video reflex.

Wahaha, just thinking, wotif you buy that, and you got the same game in it as I got. Value gone...Nobody would believe you....

As for the PAL/NTSC distinction, this is Sly's old copy, definately NTSC material. The Dishaster copies have onyl ever surfaced in the US. I Want My Mommy as a pack in has only ever surfaced in Europe (i used to have one ;) ) and the one with no stickerappears occasionally in Australia

So, you calling Jose a liar. :o :P

So have sealed copies like this been sold before? The seller was making it sound like this was the only one, a la the Stadium Events that sold a while back. Of course, he could be full of hot air. :P

Nah, it is rare, but not that rare. :D They have sold for $300-$1200 I think Jose paid around $1200 for one of his. Jose is this correct??? HHW

NTSC:

NTSC pack-in game (has anything other than NTSC Dishaster been found?). Has ViDCO molded into cartridge back. Also has unique cutaway. See it on atarimania:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-copy-cart_20117.html

Battery-powered copier which has molded casing which matches the cutaway of the NTSC Dishaster cart. This prevents regular 2600 carts from being copied. This probably allowed Vidco to get around US copyright laws: only Vidco cartridges could be copied.

Blank copy cart. Either no label or "Copy Cart" label.

-------------------------

PAL:

PAL pack-in game: I Want My Mommy, or Tanks But No Tanks (have PAL Dishaster or Cosmic Corridor been found?). Atarimania does not show the cart back. Someone with a PAL set would have to let us know if it has ViDCO mold with or without cutaway.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-copy-cart_20253.html

Battery-powered copier which has molded casing which with no "copy lockout" feature. You can put almost any 2600 game into this unit. Copyright laws not as enforced in Europe/Asia/Australia.

Blank copy cart. Either no label or "Copy Cart" label.

PAL/Homevision:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-repro-game-kit-repro-cart-repro-vision-system_s15026.html

PAL pack-in game: Homevision Robot Fight

Battery-powered copier which has molded casing which with no "copy lockout" feature. You can put almost any 2600 game into this unit. Copyright laws not as enforced in Europe/Asia/Australia. This is the same as the PAL Vidco copier

Blank copy cart. Originally loaded with Parachute game? Either no label or Homevision "REPRO CART" label.

Same styrofoam packaging as Vidco with cardboard outer box "REPRO Game Kit"

Nice pic from Dino:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=123087

Edited by CincYnoTi

Alls I'm saying is I USED to have one. I leave it to your imaginnation as to whose collection its currently in, and yes, it came from Europe. Jose never said the I Want My Mommy version was a North American release ;) so he is not a liar

Alls I'm saying is I USED to have one. I leave it to your imaginnation as to whose collection its currently in, and yes, it came from Europe. Jose never said the I Want My Mommy version was a North American release ;) so he is not a liar

Hmm, after further investigation to his response, I guess he didn't. :D