IGNORED

Possible longhorn A/V mod issue

Lendorien

I recently purchased Longhorn's prebuilt 7800 AV mod. I'm quite pleased with it overall, but something popped up today that raised some concern.

I have a Psyclone game switch that I use to hook multiple systems up to my TV. Today I went to play my 7800 and found that the S-Video port on the switch longer worked. I tried other devices in it and it didn't work for them either. This went for the audio jacks too

I got a little suspicious, so I got out my multi-tester and tested the S-video port on the 7800 touching a ground and the choma and luma wires. The port appears to be outputting 1.4 DC volts. I opened the console and traced the leads back to the mod board and it's definitely coming through the board itself.

I tested some of my other games systems which also use S-video. None put out a current like that. I'm not really an expert in this sort of thing, but the 1.4 volts coming out of the S-video port seems to be unusual. I have no other modded console to test the voltage on and I'm not an electronics guy. I'm concerned that that sort of current burned out the SVideo and audio ports on the game switch.

I can deal with that, but I'm hesitant to use my 7800 in any others or with my TV if that current is unusual and might be the cause of my problems. It could be a coincidence, but I'm afraid it's not.

Is it possible I wired something wrong? I went over the instructions and checked everything and so far as I can tell, I have everything as Longhorn instructed. Pictures available on request. Anyone else with this mod able to see if they have the same voltage thing going on?

I have sent an e-mail to Longhorn, though I know he's busy.

Thank you for helping me out with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Still could use help on this. Would anyone who has longhorn's mod and a multimeter be willing to test the voltage coming out of their s-video port for me. I'd like to know if I'm unique or if it's a more regular occurrence. Until I figure this out, the 7800 is unable to be used. I'm going through withdrawal!