IGNORED

FS: Rare Intellivision Prototype 'BASIC'

Rev

Uh oh, it's a cartridge with no label. Hopefully it won't magically transform itself into Frogger, the way unlabeled 2600 cartridges always seem to do.

Seriously, though, very cool item! Too bad there are so few people who would be able to use it. I've never seen a Keyboard Component cartridge before ... did they all look like that? I'm surprised that it doesn't resemble a standard Intellivision cartridge at all.

Uh oh, it's a cartridge with no label. Hopefully it won't magically transform itself into Frogger, the way unlabeled 2600 cartridges always seem to do.

Seriously, though, very cool item! Too bad there are so few people who would be able to use it. I've never seen a Keyboard Component cartridge before ... did they all look like that? It doesn't resemble a standard Intellivision cartridge at all.

I think they all look like this.I assure you ,this really is BASIC.you can see the old logo on it in the 1st pic!!!! plus the very unique cart shape. and also i can see a little bit of the intellivision logo on the cart.

frogger? :D

I think they all look like this.I assure you ,this really is BASIC.you can see the old logo on it in the 1st pic!!!! plus the very unique cart shape. and also i can see a little bit of the intellivision logo on the cart.

Don't worry, I'm certain that it really is BASIC. I was just making a lame joke on the theory that all unlabeled 2600 Parker Brothers cartridges magically transform themselves into Frogger (probably invented by frustrated collectors hoping they'd found Q*Bert's Qubes or another much rarer game).

Don't worry, I'm certain that it really is BASIC. I was just making a lame joke on the theory that all unlabeled 2600 Parker Brothers cartridges magically transform themselves into Frogger (probably invented by frustrated collectors hoping they'd found Q*Bert's Qubes or another much rarer game).

I knew you were :)

It probably has more of a chance turning into frog bog than frogger ;)

Please post a reminder when it's closer to auction end. Seriously, the 20 day auction makes for an easy auction to forget. Plus, there is no way to program snipes so that I can forget about it.

I use gixen.com and post snipes for auctions I will forget about. It is free for basic service and $6 a year for unlimited.

But yeah I agree 20 day auctions are silly unless it is a BIN.

Please post a reminder when it's closer to auction end. Seriously, the 20 day auction makes for an easy auction to forget. Plus, there is no way to program snipes so that I can forget about it.

I use gixen.com and post snipes for auctions I will forget about. It is free for basic service and $6 a year for unlimited.

But yeah I agree 20 day auctions are silly unless it is a BIN.

Did you click the link? It's on Chuckwagon/Game Gavel. I think that Gavel should have built in snipe programming.

Edited by ianoid

• 2 weeks later...

Score! Got it!

Seriously, Mike, I think that (and I'm sure it's a major thing to upgrade the site) the FIRST major upgrade you need to make has to be email notification of auctions ending for stuff on your following list. Another option would be to add a sniping service. I have a lot of ideas about how to do that.

Score! Got it!

Seriously, Mike, I think that (and I'm sure it's a major thing to upgrade the site) the FIRST major upgrade you need to make has to be email notification of auctions ending for stuff on your following list. Another option would be to add a sniping service. I have a lot of ideas about how to do that.

Wow $100 is a great price. With buys like that perhaps you shouldn't push a snipe service with the folks at Chuckwagon !

• 1 month later...

To my opinion it is a simple BASIC cartridge without label.

The fact you can still read BASIC on it means that it surely had the label one time.

Of course there aren't so many BASIC cartridges around.

If you like keyboard component prototypes, check my collection:)

http://www.gamescollection.it/collections/a/138

Edited by Alex.Pace