IGNORED

Shilling going on here?

AtariLeaf

First I apologize if this is someone here and I'm completely wrong. I Was looking at some SNES games from this seller (jmamio457): eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2606003332881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260600333288&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

They get a lot of bids from new bidders, particularily t***3 with 2 feedback, which is bkamiot03 who signed up to ebay just on the first of May. I checked the feedback of the bidder and they're all from the same seller. I checked the bidders bidding history and they only bid on items from this seller and its amazing considering the diversity of the items bought - an old record player, girls clothes, transformer toys, yugioh cards, and now they're not only bidding on SNES games but the sellers book on "Understand social problems".

Seems like a lot of coincidence or am I crazy? Does this seem like some shilling going on? If so I guess they're doing a poor job of it because they're not doing it right by actually winning the items. Just seems strange a new buyer would only buy from one seller. If it was all video game related I could understand but its all completely random stuff that this seller is buying.

First I apologize if this is someone here and I'm completely wrong. I Was looking at some SNES games from this seller (jmamio457): eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2606003332881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260600333288&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

They get a lot of bids from new bidders, particularily t***3 with 2 feedback, which is bkamiot03 who signed up to ebay just on the first of May. I checked the feedback of the bidder and they're all from the same seller. I checked the bidders bidding history and they only bid on items from this seller and its amazing considering the diversity of the items bought - an old record player, girls clothes, transformer toys, yugioh cards, and now they're not only bidding on SNES games but the sellers book on "Understand social problems".

Seems like a lot of coincidence or am I crazy? Does this seem like some shilling going on? If so I guess they're doing a poor job of it because they're not doing it right by actually winning the items. Just seems strange a new buyer would only buy from one seller. If it was all video game related I could understand but its all completely random stuff that this seller is buying.

I hate shillers. Wow and that is blatant. Report them. I did. :D

I hate shillers. Wow and that is blatant. Report them. I did. :D

I wanted to but I couldn't navigate that damn site to find the proper channel. Its too bad, there was an SNES Mr. Do that I was looking for too. :(

Yeah, if I want something, I snipe it too. The only way I bid early is if an auction is starting really low to hopefully deter the seller from taking an offer. My thinking is that if the auction already has a least one bid, maybe they won't end it early. I don't know, maybe I'm weird. :)

Shillers can proxy to. :x

I'm a one shot sniper :lol:. If I don't get it in the last 10 seconds I'll just wait it out until another one comes along. Nothing is that important that I want.

I used to only snipe manually, But I am getting older and forgetful. So I use a snipebot now and love it.. When I see an auction pop up. I just put it in and if I forget about it, It will still snipe for me. :D

I used to only snipe manually, But I am getting older and forgetful. So I use a snipebot now and love it.. When I see an auction pop up. I just put it in and if I forget about it, It will still snipe for me. :D

Not for me! I love to snipe manually. The thrill of the chase and all that.

Not for me! I love to snipe manually. The thrill of the chase and all that.

Oh I still snipe manually, when I can. It is exciting. A buddy and I use a line, from Star Wars, All the time. When the last 20 seconds were coming down, we Yell, Stay on Target! Stay on Target!

:D

I just put in my highest proxy, I don't have time to snipe.

Then I get out the Kleenex.

Because proxy never wins over snipes.

....sniff sniff.... :sad:

Have you ever tried esnipe? I used to be weary of it but it's actually very helpful. And, you only pay if you win the auction. If the end price is under $25 and you win, the price is 25 cents. I forget what it goes up to after that because most things I win are under $25. It may be worth checking out Cebus.

I may have to try that sometime. I have always been wary of sniping services because I don't like giving them my account info, they never seemed legit to me.

Yeah, that's the reason I was hesitant to try them but I can vouch for esnipe. I've been using it for about two years and haven't had any problems.

I always take the time to snipe, just so I don't leave any streaks....! But I usually never win that way either..someone else always has mor emoney than I so I don't even buy from ebay any more unless it is a reasonable buy it now in a store somewhere that no one is looking for...

Well I ended up winning it for $15.50. I sniped at $15.84 so I just made it. The suspected shill bidder never got involved in the last minute bid war so maybe I was wrong. Still damn suspicious if you ask me because that's one of the things you always look for with suspected shilling is the same bidder bidding on multiple items from the same person even though the range of items is quite diverse. Oh well. Thanks for your help everyone.