IGNORED

Craig's List Deal

classicgamingguy

What does CIB stand for? I know NIB is new-in-box. Cracked-in-box?

I got my trackball for $20.01 NIB. Well, it was taken out and used a few times and box is not new, but I guess it still gets NIB.

You got a good deal for $20.01 NIB. It's not really typical though. I was watching them for a very long time (like over a year) before finally getting mine. I was trying to get for less than $35, but finally gave up and just paid the ~$35. It was testing working though, and did. I'm sure if I'd stayed on top of it more, I could have gotten it for cheaper, just like with anything else.

One other thing to consider is the shipping charge. If you get a trackball for $30 but pay only $5-$6 shipping that's equivalent to getting one for $20 and paying $15-$16 shipping which is the normal shipping charge for such beasts.

Better than NIB and working is sealed and never opened. I guess there must be some acronym for that like SIB.

What does CIB stand for? I know NIB is new-in-box. Cracked-in-box?

I got my trackball for $20.01 NIB. Well, it was taken out and used a few times and box is not new, but I guess it still gets NIB.

You got a good deal for $20.01 NIB. It's not really typical though. I was watching them for a very long time (like over a year) before finally getting mine. I was trying to get for less than $35, but finally gave up and just paid the ~$35. It was testing working though, and did. I'm sure if I'd stayed on top of it more, I could have gotten it for cheaper, just like with anything else.

One other thing to consider is the shipping charge. If you get a trackball for $30 but pay only $5-$6 shipping that's equivalent to getting one for $20 and paying $15-$16 shipping which is the normal shipping charge for such beasts.

Better than NIB and working is sealed and never opened. I guess there must be some acronym for that like SIB.

Just bid on some trak-ball items w/box or made offers to see the price trend and it's still around the same -- $20 + normal shipping charge.

Here's one that recently ended:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3901966740031?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=390196674003&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Looks like new (perhaps MIB-- mint in box instead of CIB or NIB). It comes with baby-in-box (BIB). Hopefully, they will put some holes in the box before they ship the baby.

I was just bidding but won one of the offers and that one is sealed-in-box (SIB).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got one for $18 but here are other auctions that I was watching with Trakball final prices:

$17.51 + $10 (NIB)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805111841491?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280511184149&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$6.50 + $6 s&h

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1205904584641?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120590458464&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$16.50 + $5.45 s&h

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3304410302181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330441030218&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$15.50 + s&h (NIB)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205626693361?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320562669336&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This weeks HSC game Space Invaders works with the Trakball.

I finally got one for $18 but here are other auctions that I was watching with Trakball final prices:

$17.51 + $10 (NIB)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805111841491?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280511184149&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Tested and working supposedly... great! But seller has 83% feedback!

------------------------

Great deal if it works... they're pretty vague about that fact though.

"told that this was working when last used, but controller is being sold as-is as I have no game system to check it on."

Okay, well, pretty good deal then if it does work. At least seller has 100% feedback, this one might be worth taking a chance on.

"It has not been fully tested, it seems the system I have has bad ports. Comes with controller and box only" -- SHIPPING IS $15.96!!!!

So, over $30 after shipping, if they're really charging that.

Just saying... the ending bid price is only part of the story on a "good ebay deal". Maybe all of these are good, maybe seller will deliver on all of them, maybe seller will accept returns if it doesn't work (I'd be skeptical of that on at least a couple of those), so... price isn't the only factor here.

I'm sure you can get a working one for $20 shipped right now though, I do not doubt that. Hobby stuff isn't selling now like it used to. My other hobby is much higher $ but items have to be pretty much given away to get sales. Retail is horrible (you may get a softened version of this on the news), people are pinching like never before... it's tough. For the most part, if you have the $, now is a good time to snap stuff up at good prices!

$17.51 + $10 (NIB)

Tested and working supposedly... great! But seller has 83% feedback!

------------------------

Great deal if it works... they're pretty vague about that fact though.

"told that this was working when last used, but controller is being sold as-is as I have no game system to check it on."

Okay, well, pretty good deal then if it does work. At least seller has 100% feedback, this one might be worth taking a chance on.

"It has not been fully tested, it seems the system I have has bad ports. Comes with controller and box only" -- SHIPPING IS $15.96!!!!

So, over $30 after shipping, if they're really charging that.

You are now arguing on both sides-- agreeing that prices are low around $20 and also arguing against it. Shipping wasn't included in my price of $20. And you are speculating as well. Many people don't know the stuff they sell on ebay-- but given it's in original box and not physically damaged, you can bet it works. Either way, you haven't proven it won't work. And there's nothing to say buying a SIB won't have issues.

Just saying... the ending bid price is only part of the story on a "good ebay deal". Maybe all of these are good, maybe seller will deliver on all of them, maybe seller will accept returns if it doesn't work (I'd be skeptical of that on at least a couple of those), so... price isn't the only factor here.

I'm sure you can get a working one for $20 shipped right now though, I do not doubt that....

That's all that matters is now and that's what the question was. Yeah, I'm sure the price was >$50 many years ago.

If someone asks for price of Atari 5200, you don't quote some price from 2 years ago.

And FYI, I never said NIB meant it was never used-- that would SIB.

No I wasn't arguing any of those things. I was pointing out the flaw in saying that all prices are comparable to each other or to other sales. They are not. You have to take it all into consideration. I realize I haven't proven it won't work, as you have not proven that it will. Your logic is completely flawed in saying that "but given it's in original box and not physically damaged, you can bet it work". I have bought lots of stuff in that condition that does not work. That was not the poing. I was pointing out the grey areas and you are trying to say the grey areas are black and white.

FYI, I was not even talking to you at all (I don't bother with that anymore) and this was not even in relation to what you said about your purchase previously. This was purely in response to the above post as detailed above.

I agree with your second point, which is that the prices have changed. I acknowledged that long ago... to quote your usual insult "if you could read and comprehend". But, you constantly need to make an argument out of everything, trying to use your forced "logic", even when people aren't talking to your or arguing against anything you've said.

Just like before, you can have the last word here. I invite you to. Because every time you argue and insult, what you do is reveal your true ugly personality, again and again. That speaks volumes more than any debate or argument ever could.

Good bye.

No I wasn't arguing any of those things. I was pointing out the flaw in saying that all prices are comparable to each other or to other sales. They are not. You have to take it all into consideration. I realize I haven't proven it won't work, as you have not proven that it will. Your logic is completely flawed in saying that "but given it's in original box and not physically damaged, you can bet it work". I have bought lots of stuff in that condition that does not work. That was not the poing. I was pointing out the grey areas and you are trying to say the grey areas are black and white.

I clearly stated that even SIB can have issues. This is all OLD stuff. I just made an offer and got a SIB trackball (no auction here) the same week you posted your absurd claim about your prices:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2004643047661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200464304766&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And shipping is less than what it should have been.

FYI, I was not even talking to you at all (I don't bother with that anymore) and this was not even in relation to what you said about your purchase previously. This was purely in response to the above post as detailed above.

Faulty logic. This is first of all a forum and not personal emails and your response directly relates to what I wrote in this topic.

I agree with your second point, which is that the prices have changed. I acknowledged that long ago... to quote your usual insult "if you could read and comprehend". But, you constantly need to make an argument out of everything, trying to use your forced "logic", even when people aren't talking to your or arguing against anything you've said.

But you are talking to everyone who reads this forum. It's your flawed logic. And I never stated in the my above post about "if you could read and comprehend". Just mixing things up out of context. FYI, you are the one who stated that I was forcing things on people when in fact it's YOU who are doing that. You want people to blindly accept your assertions without any questions. Sorry, I just don't buy your "blind-following" views. If you agree with me, then you are wrong in stating that I'm forcing things.

Just like before, you can have the last word here. I invite you to. Because every time you argue and insult, what you do is reveal your true ugly personality, again and again. That speaks volumes more than any debate or argument ever could.

Sorry, no insult again; it's you who are insulting AGAIN -- read your above statement. And FYI, that sort of argument is also faulty logic where you just insult people again and then try to stop the other person from speaking by foolishly claiming "I invite you to have the last word". This proves my point that YOU ARE FORCING me to accept blindly whatever you write and by replying you are allowing me have the last word and falsely pre-labeling what I will write as insulting. Go speculate with your crap somewhere. As I stated in the other thread, you are completely inept at arguing and you have revealed it here for everyone to see.