IGNORED

Is it my imagination, or are there more eBay shils here than usual?

akator

D'oh! Factor of 10 problem! FACTOR OF 10 problem! Danger Will Robinson! I put one too many zeros in it on accident. I meant 50 posts. If I remember right when I first joined I remembered seeing an unofficial "rule" stating that if you had under 50 posts and there was a trade you would be the one to send first. I followed it very strictly and told other members that I traded with not to send to me until they had received my trade items.

Under 50 and I'm just not comfortable with it. The member is too new and unless they have lots of positive feedback they can show me, I'm not going to buy simply out of fear of getting shafted. There are exceptions to it, of course, but that's just my general feeling. I've done a couple deals with members that are brand new with under 10 posts and they've gone perfectly fine, but I've always communicated beforehand a lot and asked for feedback and whatnot.

500 posts would be pretty ludicrous, as there are people that have been here for years that contribute lots of quality discussion and posts (less than 500) that I wouldn't think twice about trading or buying from.

Really when you think about it every transaction is up to both buyer and seller or both traders, not just the new member. It's the responsibility of the buyer or older member to communicate effectively and get all the details in advance to assure the transaction goes properly. If someone comes along with a Neo Geo AES for $20 and someone who's been here for years jumps on it without questioning it, that's partially their fault as well for getting burned by not getting info and researching it.

The point is that the buyer has a responsibility to ensure the transaction is good as well. Some people like to have guidelines to deals like I do, some don't. However, for the sake of argumentation, I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone who has done a deal with me does not find me difficult, pushy, or hard to deal with. Just because I have a guideline I follow for trades or sales does not mean I'm unfriendly towards people who don't meet those standards or will stick my nose in the air at people.

For the record, tetrode, you are definitely someone I wouldn't think twice or be concerned in the slightest about buying from. :)