IGNORED

5200 and 2 Players.

CV Gus

Well, this has to be said for Best Electronics: they move fast.

I sent the money order out to them last week Wednesday; I received the 6 plugs, 1 cable, and 2 potentiometers (with rings) on Monday.

Needless to say, that night I started desoldering/soldering away. I need some new equipment and parts for the soldering iron, but still the job got done.

Both ports 1 and 2 have new plugs. Port 3 has the broken one still; I won't replace it. Port 4 has a new one, but that was just sort of "put in" there without soldering; it is just there as a convenient spare.

Why not bother with 3 and 4? Even the operator at Best Electronics said I should just use the plugs from there to fix the 5200 (he did not know it just had the one good one); after all, what use are 3 and 4, aside from Super Breakout- and how often will THAT ever be useful?

But keep in mind that this is the first time, since I found the thing in 1998, that it has the two fully funtional plugs. Originally, I'd just wired plug 2 into plug one, so two people could play, too- one at a time- otherwise, you'd control two players at once (like Mario Bros. and Wizard of Wor).

Then, I moved it to port one.

Now, it functions properly. So, now I can play Robotron: 2084 with two controllers, if I want to- likewise, Space Dungeon, if I can ever find it (cheap).