IGNORED

Scrapyard Dog...It ain't Mario but it ain't bad either

bergbros

I been playing Scrapyard Dog (SD) and it seems like a poor man's Mario. It even has an Italian named protagonist, Louie, to make the comparisons all the more inevitable. It is a platformer of sorts but it has no where near the variety and secrets of Mario deluxe or Mario Advance. The can throwing is also a little problematic. I swear I nailed a gun firing wolf many a time but it just went through the sucka. The enemies are also kinda boring. Crap dropping birds, rats, gun toting wolves and kitties oh my. There is also hidden things in trees, signs, washing machines and trash containers but not hidden worlds like the Mario series. Also, no continues mean that you have to go through the previous levels to get to where you were before. Still, it is a fun game to play and if you can get it for $10 or less, it would make a good addition to your collection.

I myself find "Scrapyard Dog" to be extremely varied and complex.

I spent alot of hours playing this one when it first came out on the Lynx, and was continually surprised by the huge number of Easter Eggs and hidden bonuses scattered throughout each level.

There are, for instance, a few hidden shops on the higher levels which enable you to purchase as many lives as you want. This game demands careful exploration!

I agree that you have to "Look" at every thing including trash cans, piles of tires and especially those large trash containers. If someone can point me to a walk through of this game it would be much appreciated. It is varied to that extent. I think it is a good 2d platformer in its own right however the lack of a continue or password feature and of course a save which is the norm for the Lynx hurts the game.