IGNORED

Random Terrain's Tetraternarium - Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade

RSS Bot

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade was on one of the Showtime channels the other day, so I recorded it with my DVR and finally got around to watching it. Parts of it reminded me of something you'd see on Saturday Night Live. It's hard to believe that people could really say and do some of those things with a straight face.

I never heard of Twin Galaxies until I started visiting AtariAge, never knew that the top video game nerds in the country posed for a picture in Life magazine or that any of them went on the TV show That's Incredible and I was crazy about video games back in the early 1980s. I watched and read anything I could find on the subject. But I was interested in the games and who made them, not the kids who played them, so that could explain it. The people in this documentary did not exist in my world.

If you haven't seen it before, this documentary could make you feel creeped out and sad, while making you laugh at certain points. ...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/120/entry-7140-chasing-ghosts-beyond-the-arcade/