IGNORED

bad Alantis 2 from ebay

pinelands

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304867475531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230486747553&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

won this i knew it was to good to be true . Notice the light sky in the back round it turned out to be a plain jane Atlantis s cartridge with a copy of the imagic letter the seller said was lost. noticed it as soon as i plugged it in it was not Atlantis 2 . I notice this cartridge is revision a is there any other way to spot a phony

Thought it was only the Night picture? I think the scoring was lowerd and it's harder.

Yeah I believe so.

This line in the listing confuses me "I am selling this game for my OLD GAME who is the original owner of the game." - what the hell does that mean?

Well... at least you didn't pay $1000 - and that letter if legit would surely be worth the $70 you paid for the item.

edit - are you saying the letter was a photocopy?? - in which case I would open a claim for fraud on this blatant scam of a listing.

Don't forget to leave negative feedback! and add this seller to the bad trader thread.

Edited by nofrills100

IMO you definitely need to file a claim. You paid $76 bucks for a $5 game. Item not as described. He knew enough to put a detailed description of how rare the game is and the background so it's not like he was doing guesswork. It may not have been 100% blatant, but he certainly was hoping for someone else who doesn't know better to come along.

• Like 1

The seller might not realize that this wasn't an Atlantis II cart but if you believe that any fraud was involved at all I would file a claim through eBay/PayPal first rather than trying to work it out with the seller. If the seller scammed you and you agree to send it back for a refund then you will only get your money back if the seller is honest. If you file a claim with eBay/PayPal you will get your money back as long as eBay/PayPal rules in your favor and you provide proof of delivery.

If eBay/PayPal does not rule in your favor I would then do a chargeback through your credit card company (if you paid using a credit card).

They sure have sold a lot of other items and no Atari which is odd. No, video games at all (I went a few pages in). If the guy did know, I don't see why he would risk all his good feedback for the other stuff he sells. Doesn't fit although, whatever's clever, you never know. I would have filed that claim already though, get that ball rolling and get your cash back as stated by others above. Good luck with this.

Also, I thought the gameplay was noticeably different. In the video by the other guy that had this complete with shirt had that video that I watched. Can't remember but didn't he point some things out while he was playing it on video?

I sent him a secound request for a resolve. The story is when i was bidding on the item i asked about the letter .

No the paper he sent me is a copy and a poor one at that

Hear is his responce in paste ****** begin*****I do not, years ago i lost all of the papers.

I copied one to show what I use to have years ago.

WOW had no idea what i had from years ago.

Thank you,

Yes played ove 900,000 points but never won the top 4 to move up years ago.

Still had alot of fun.

Thank you

- texasells

********end*********

I only placed a bid due to the fact his feedback was good and i felt the item was genuine. My guess is he had a night scene Atlantis and may at one time have had the correct game and got them confused. I am getting annoyed at the lack of response from him and tomorrow will open up a claim as it is fraud protected and payed for with ebay credit card. I wish i could contact one of the hardcore collectors to verify a real label as i believe on the legit one the sky is much darker and the revision is b. The game is much harder, the scoring font is different, and the scoring is much lower as to the differences. As some of you know i have paid hundreds even over a thousand for games with no issues ever from both ebay and atariage . i compared the scanned cartridge to the original and they are the same as the surface flaws are identical as every cartridge on a close up scan like that is a finger print. i Will post as this nightmare is only begining. This is my own foolishness as i knew this was to good to be true when i saw the auction was at 12.00 only a hour before close.

I'm sure CPUWIZ will see this but that's one guy I would know (among many others here) that knows exactly what the cart label should look like. PM CPUWIZ about that but I'm sure he will see this or someone else that would have or had this one in their hands like Wonder and maybe some others I'm forgetting. If the gameplay is not what it's supposed to be then something is fishy of course. Like I said though, hope all goes smooth as far as getting that paypal back. I wouldn't jeopardize that many good feedback for something like this, I would just ask for it to be sent back and refund the paypal. He could even get his final value fee back if you both agree to mutually cancel the transaction.

Thanks to all who made the Harmony Cart possible I have played Atlantis 2 and the scoring is definitely lower and the game speed is much faster paced. It seems like the ships fly much faster after just the first round, not several rounds of slow moving ships. As well as the numbered text for the scoring is a different font. I am sure if you checked out the screen shots on AA or even Atarimania you will see the difference in the scoring font.

i compared the scanned cartridge to the original and they are the same as the surface flaws are identical as every cartridge on a close up scan like that is a finger print. i Will post as this nightmare is only begining.

File a claim. This is clearly deliberate deceiving on the part of the seller. What a bastard! :thumbsdown:

i compared the scanned cartridge to the original and they are the same as the surface flaws are identical as every cartridge on a close up scan like that is a finger print. i Will post as this nightmare is only begining.

File a claim. This is clearly deliberate deceiving on the part of the seller. What a bastard! :thumbsdown:

In his listing he said he was selling it for someone else - then he goes on to say that it was him who scored the 900,000 and was an initial entrant to the competition.

yeah this guy was trying it on for sure - probably thought it was worth the reputation to get the odd $700-$1000 for an Atlantis II - but only ended up getting $70.

Certainly don't hesitate to open a claim and leave a negative.

If I had to guess I'll bet he had Atlantis from years ago and remembers the insert he received for the contest. He probably scored 900,000 for his submission but didn't qualify for the Atlantis II round. With all of recent news about old valuable video games, he remembers playing that game for the contest and is elated that he held on to the cart. Now he is trying to sell it for big bucks not realizing that he never had Atlantis II. Clueless with a bad memory? Yes. Intentional fraud? I doubt it.

I wish i could contact one of the hardcore collectors to verify a real label as i believe on the legit one the sky is much darker and the revision is b. The game is much harder, the scoring font is different, and the scoring is much lower as to the differences.

I don't know about any of that, but we did compare the minute differences in labels a few years back:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/108805-atlantis-ii/page__view__findpost__p__1317187

Sorry you got scammed. :(