IGNORED

My Ebay Auctions: Wall Ball, Ico, Etc.

ZackeryH

I'm re listing Wall Ball with a bunch of other Atari games to sell as a lot. Hopefully this will sell better. I'm no longer using reserve prices or Buy It Now. The expenses of doing all of that just killed me. Especially since half of the stuff didn't sell when my prices were actually lower than the winning bids from other completed auctions.

Ico is about to end and the price is at $61 right now. That's lower than many of the other recent auctions.

Hmmm. A search of recently completed eBay auctions shows that another sealed Ico sold for a Best Offer of $90, while yours is the next most expensive, and then many were sold, more cheaply (these were opened, and often included Shadow of the Colussus).

I'm re listing Wall Ball with a bunch of other Atari games to sell as a lot. Hopefully this will sell better. I'm no longer using reserve prices or Buy It Now. The expenses of doing all of that just killed me. Especially since half of the stuff didn't sell when my prices were actually lower than the winning bids from other completed auctions.

Again, hmmm. What other auctions are you citing? Just asking since various searches on completed auctions show particular results. Yes, reserves tend to scare away bidders, and if one asks why that might be the case, the answer probably is related to the seller setting an unrealistically high reserve disproportionate to actual market value. There are many price guides available for Atari games, and while none are truly perfect, and can indeed become outdated rather quickly, the price guides along with some research might result in some more accurate sales figures. While all it takes is a couple of crazily determined bidders to jack up an auction's final price, the general trend on the prices for many loose Atari carts has gone down over the years. YMMV.

Pretty much I looked up Ico about 10 days ago to see what the prices were on games. They ranged from $70 to over $100 for sold sealed copies. I put a reserve on Ico for $50. I'm pretty satisfied with Ico and Tomba 2. They got decent amounts. Not exactly to the level of some of those others. I put reserves too high on the other games using a combination of guides and some successful bids from other sellers where they sold copies for higher than $20. Putting a reserve for half of the average value worked for Ico and Tomba 2. Putting it closer to successful bids for the other games wasn't the best idea and now I have to pay the expenses for those Reserves.

I'm new to putting things on there so I'm still learning the best way to go about it.

• 1 month later...