IGNORED

How many 7800 emulators are there?

Austin

How many different 7800 emulators are there, and how many of them are quality emulators? I have personally tried ProSystem and it seems to work great.. The problem with that is I am trying to record videos of gameplay, but my desktop recorder (FRAPS) for some reason will not record inside this emulator. The same thing happened with Gens (Genesis emulator), and in that case I had to download a different emulator that allowed my desktop recorder to do it's thing.

So, I tried Emu7800--I can't even seem to get it to detect the ROMs I'm trying to use (Sirius and Plutos). Apparently I have to edit a text file to get it to recognize them, but the file itself is a jumbled mess. What a poor design choice. :(

I then tried MESS. This actually looks like a very cool setup (Like MAME, except for home systems). However, it requires a 7800 boot ROM of some sort (The one on the AtariAge 7800 emulation section isn't working for it), so I can't get it to work.

What a bummer.. I'm not having much luck today with anything. :o I guess I will have to try and track down a different desktop recorder and see if that works, otherwise wait until I get some real PC video capture hardware. :|

Edited by Austin

So, I tried Emu7800--I can't even seem to get it to detect the ROMs I'm trying to use (Sirius and Plutos). Apparently I have to edit a text file to get it to recognize them, but the file itself is a jumbled mess. What a poor design choice. :(

I then tried MESS. This actually looks like a very cool setup (Like MAME, except for home systems). However, it requires a 7800 boot ROM of some sort (The one on the AtariAge 7800 emulation section isn't working for it), so I can't get it to work.

What a bummer.. I'm not having much luck today with anything. :o I guess I will have to try and track down a different desktop recorder and see if that works, otherwise wait until I get some real PC video capture hardware. :|

MESS needs the older version of the 7800 boot ROM found here:

http://www.atari7800.org/bin/a7800/olda7800.zip