IGNORED

H2

batari

As a bit off topic, but related (since new H2s will need to be housed in something! icon_wink.gif ), I thought I remembered seeing a thread regarding the desire to create new 7800 cart shells. Not necessarily just a run of 2600/7800 shells, but an improved design specifically for the 7800, though I'm not sure if anything for the 7800 would necessarily preclude itself from being used on the 2600 icon_confused.gif .

Does anyone remember seeing such a thread and if so do you have a link? I've searched and can't seem to find anything anywhere.

Good Luck with that. I think Opcode pulled a Cartman a few months back regarding this site and any work.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Yeah, he did... but I think he may consider dipping his foot in the pool in the future. He just needed a rest. AA can do that to you. Sometimes you have to just go out and binge drink, am I right? Am I RIGHT? Oh. Wrong AA. Sorry. myico-doh.png

Good Luck with that. I think Opcode pulled a Cartman a few months back regarding this site and any work.

No, I realize that particular initiative is unfortunately dead, but there was some good discussion surrounding the idea in that particular thread, so I wanted to go back and refresh my memory on it. For one big thing I had forgotten that Curt mentioned he had the original dimensional drawings of the carts, including I believe the last revisions. That's a big plus, and would go a long way in getting any revisions that were felt to be beneficial incorporated into the designs, then some one offs created via CNC or ABS Deposition machine. From there perhaps some people could have some hands on time with them before tooling is made.

Again though, just more so I could refresh my memory on the subject. A friend has ins with a local ABS source, so I thought I'd put some feelers out about it.

Edited by Metal Ghost

Yeah, he did... but I think he may consider dipping his foot in the pool in the future. He just needed a rest. AA can do that to you. Sometimes you have to just go out and binge drink, am I right? Am I RIGHT? Oh. Wrong AA. Sorry. myico-doh.png

From what I get from the recent updates is that opcode is still working on this but he just doesn't post here as of late.

So what you guys are saying is the H2 is not going to be made?

See from post #128 for the discussion about cart plastics which may or may not be made, nothing to do with H2 directly. As far as the H2 is concerned batari is the man to ask about that.

Yea, sorry to confuse the thread here. I was simply asking a tangentially related question about cart shells. I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that Batari isn't still intending to release an H2, so at this point no news is good news, as far as I'm concerned.

For more info about DPC+, you can check my programming example. DPC+ is an enhancement to the DPC "coprocessor" used in Pitfall 2 on the 2600.

Cool - I got a Harmony when it came out, and I did catch a small bit of info about it. I think it was that wireframe 3D demo. I'm getting back into assembly coding on the 8-bit Atari computers, and having quite a bit of fun. Makes up for all the crappy "business coding" I do all day at work.

Is it possible for someone with knowledge of the project to tell us whether or not the H2 is still being worked on? I'm not asking for a release date or anything. I'd just like to know if the H2 is a possibility at this point.

The delay is my fault - I'm supposed to be writing the SD card driver for it, but real life keeps getting in the way. The H2 will happen, but it is going to be some time yet.

Chris

• Like 1

Is it possible for someone with knowledge of the project to tell us whether or not the H2 is still being worked on? I'm not asking for a release date or anything. I'd just like to know if the H2 is a possibility at this point.

The delay is my fault - I'm supposed to be writing the SD card driver for it, but real life keeps getting in the way. The H2 will happen, but it is going to be some time yet.

Chris

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info and thanks for your work on this project! Maybe by the time it is released I'll be able to afford it!

Chris

Hey, not a problem. I don't want all of the 7800 goodness to come out at the same time....that wouldn't leave anything to look forward too! This will give me a chance to enjoy the XM unfettered for a while. icon_shades.gif

• 2 weeks later...