IGNORED

Space Football

SoundGammon

I still believe that the 7800 needs a better football game, baseball too for that matter. Anyway I got thinking if Ballblazer could be hacked into a football game? What gave me the idea for SPACE FOOTBALL is the fact there's one for the Super Nintendo! I have it on an emulator and it looks a lot like Ballblazer! Haven't played it much and I haven't found a way to get screen shots.

Every system ever made needs a better football game. It's called CFL.

As for a better Baseball game on the 7800, once you get used to it, Pete Rose Baseball is actually pretty good. It's certainly the best Baseball game I've played on an Atari system.

Pete Rose Baseball on the 7800 is actually a very good baseball game.

It might be cool to see a Bowling game done. Never got into any of the golf games, not even Ninja Golf which could've been a lot better if it had been a little more cartoonish.

Curt

Every system ever made needs a better football game. It's called CFL.

As for a better Baseball game on the 7800, once you get used to it, Pete Rose Baseball is actually pretty good. It's certainly the best Baseball game I've played on an Atari system.

...once you get used to it, Pete Rose Baseball is actually pretty good.

Pete Rose Baseball is the ONLY baseball game I've ever enjoyed. I liked it from the first day I got it and was very surprised. Over the years, I've found myself returning to it every so often. I like it on both the 7800 and 2600. It's also the only baseball video game I've ever been able to win.

...once you get used to it, Pete Rose Baseball is actually pretty good.

Pete Rose Baseball is the ONLY baseball game I've ever enjoyed. I liked it from the first day I got it and was very surprised. Over the years, I've found myself returning to it every so often. I like it on both the 7800 and 2600. It's also the only baseball video game I've ever been able to win.

I think I've mentioned this before, but when I got this one, my wife said "that must be a gambling simulator."

Anyway, I hated this game at first, but once I forced myself to give it a shot, I really started to enjoy it. The fielding is a bit odd, but can certainly be dealt with. The graphics are not bad, especially by 7800 sports game standards.

Egghand if you will.

Much more suitable name indeed.

It's not really an egg shape, and it's not so much about using your hands to move the ball (that would be volley ball or basket ball). The sport really needs a more menacing rename like "Gridiron" or "Scrimmage". And International Football needs to be "fixed" by putting a non-goalie defended goal on top of the standard one; making that the "one-point goal" and granting six points for getting one past the goalie. That way the results of global competitions could be decided by something a bit more substantial than bad referee calls and shoot-outs.

I remember seeing a CFL Football demo on the PC a few years back (2000 I think it was)... it was decent for it's time but I don't know if it ever made it out as a retail product... I'd have to check.

I'd certainly enjoy a CFL game on the PS3/XBOX 360!

Every year I wonder why EA doesn't make the CFL rules, colours, and teams a download or "special edition" package. The Grey cup is the second most watched sporting event in Canada every year (right behind the Stanly Cup), so there are millions of CFL fans as potential customers. And changing the game programming to include different colours, players, and three downs can't be that much work. Once it was done once, it'd be pretty simple to do every year.

Every year I wonder why EA doesn't make the CFL rules, colours, and teams a download or "special edition" package. The Grey cup is the second most watched sporting event in Canada every year (right behind the Stanly Cup), so there are millions of CFL fans as potential customers. And changing the game programming to include different colours, players, and three downs can't be that much work. Once it was done once, it'd be pretty simple to do every year.

Holy crap, you're right! I've never even thought of anything like that (since I'm not in Canada and therefore don't follow that league) but shouldn't that be obvious to EA? I mean it would be a sure hit in Canada (and with Canadians abroad), certainly. And you're right, how hard could it be? I will assume the obvious, that there are complete stats for all the CFL players over the years, it would be a great promo for Canada. EA should sell it as a complete game, though, at least in Canada. Put Flutie on the cover, avoid the "injury curse" for current CFL athletes, haahaha.

That gets me thinking, does EA (or any other sports videogame maker) make regional versions of stuff like that? Is there a Japanese or Dominican Republic version of popular baseball games out there? Italian League basketball? There should be downloads at the least, right?

• 2 weeks later...

WHY? WHY? WHY? Why is it when you start a SPECIFIC topic on here and later the responses are WAY OUT in left field and basically have NOTHING to do with the subject!!! Why? Can't wait to see where the responses go from this posting...probably end up talking about deep sea diving for squid!

• Like 1

WHY? WHY? WHY? Why is it when you start a SPECIFIC topic on here and later the responses are WAY OUT in left field and basically have NOTHING to do with the subject!!! Why? Can't wait to see where the responses go from this posting...probably end up talking about deep sea diving for squid!

Deep sea diving for squid... A new game for the upgraded 7800, mayhaps? Maybe for another thread, but you see, this is why things jump the rails, you never know when an idea will crop up.

Deep Sea Squid Diver is a pretty catchy name for a 7800 Enhanced game, don't you think?

That's brainstorming for you. Now, I have never actually been deep sea squid catching...

Shark week is coming up on Discovery next week! :P

I've never played the 7800 football game. If you could do something that looked like Ballblazer that would be cool.

Sharktopus for the 7800 expansion module? The question is, would you play the role of the sharktopus (similar to a Rampage-like game) or is defeating the sharktopus the goal? An Easter egg could be allowing the sharktopus to have lasers!!

How does this relate to football? Perhaps the sharktopus could attack a stadium near a body of water on one of the coasts?