IGNORED

Atlantis II cart for sale on EBay

CannibalCat

Hi everyone,

I'm selling a loose Atlantis II cart up on EBay. I was given this gem by a friend's father as a gift who was one of the original 250 contest semi-finalists. I wanted to thank those who a few months back gave me some advice on how to sell this item, I appreciate the assistance. There are pics and video links in the auction text.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1904185945551?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190418594555&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks for looking!

Hi everyone,

I'm selling a loose Atlantis II cart up on EBay. I was given this gem by a friend's father as a gift who was one of the original 250 contest semi-finalists. I wanted to thank those who a few months back gave me some advice on how to sell this item, I appreciate the assistance. There are pics and video links in the auction text.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1904185945551?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190418594555&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks for looking!

The actual number of Atlantis II carts has been somewhat of a mystery. I know Todd Rogers told me 25 were made with the possibility that it was 50. Do you know where this 250 number is coming from? I would really like to know where he got this information. I know another person's who father was involved threw out the really low number of 10. I would really like to finally get a definitive number on this. I think I will be adding you to the list of Atlantis II owners. Thanks for the video.

The actual number of Atlantis II carts has been somewhat of a mystery. I know Todd Rogers told me 25 were made with the possibility that it was 50. Do you know where this 250 number is coming from? I would really like to know where he got this information. I know another person's who father was involved threw out the really low number of 10. I would really like to finally get a definitive number on this. I think I will be adding you to the list of Atlantis II owners. Thanks for the video.

Yeah not sure of the actual amount, but I read the 250 number from the official statement. I would probably agree it was much less, or at least much less still in existence. Funny thing is that he also had the flippers (said he lost the mask down in Florida swimming with it!) but he didn't offer them to me... he did show them to me however, and it was one of those moments where you know what is in front of you is one of the rarest collectible items very few have seen!

Yeah not sure of the actual amount, but I read the 250 number from the official statement. I would probably agree it was much less, or at least much less still in existence. Funny thing is that he also had the flippers (said he lost the mask down in Florida swimming with it!) but he didn't offer them to me... he did show them to me however, and it was one of those moments where you know what is in front of you is one of the rarest collectible items very few have seen!

Can you please point me to this official statement of 250 games produced. I have never seen this. :ponder:

Can you please point me to this official statement of 250 games produced. I have never seen this. :ponder:

I was only referring to what was stated here:

http://www.atariage.com/features/atlantis2.html

It could very well be that less than 250 made the cut, all we really know for sure is that it was alot more than 4 people or they wouldn't have even bothered producing a new cart to tie-break.

I was only referring to what was stated here:

http://www.atariage.com/features/atlantis2.html

It could very well be that less than 250 made the cut, all we really know for sure is that it was alot more than 4 people or they wouldn't have even bothered producing a new cart to tie-break.

No that is how many snorkeling gears were sent out. The actual number of Atlantis II games generally is thought to be much lower than that.

No that is how many snorkeling gears were sent out. The actual number of Atlantis II games generally is thought to be much lower than that.

Ah ok cool... good to know.

The number is more like 300 as they were masked roms and most houses had a 500 minimum order .No one knows for sure the amount of them in the wild but i would say 250 is probably rite on track. For the amount of times a year they appear on eBay there are alot more than 25 to 50

The number is more like 300 as they were masked roms and most houses had a 500 minimum order .No one knows for sure the amount of them in the wild but i would say 250 is probably rite on track. For the amount of times a year they appear on eBay there are alot more than 25 to 50

Just because they *might* have had to make 300 or so masked roms doesn't mean that they had to put all of those on PCBs and into carts. Your number is based on pure speculation.

100% agreed, I've said this multiple times in the past. Homer just pulls stuff out of thin air and other peoples opinions, to make himself feel better about owning one of them. ;)

P.S. I think the minimum was 1000 at the time and it's totally feasible they made 250 and ditched the remaining ROM's.

100% agreed, I've said this multiple times in the past. Homer just pulls stuff out of thin air and other peoples opinions, to make himself feel better about owning one of them. ;)

P.S. I think the minimum was 1000 at the time and it's totally feasible they made 250 and ditched the remaining ROM's.

Sure fine whatever. If it is as much as a 1,000 big whoop. All I know is that one with a box, and a shirt sold for close to $7,000. And if you say, well you don't have a shirt, and box. I would say you're right I don't, but I also have at the moment the most documented Atlantis II out there. Meaning I have the cart, docs, two envelopes Imagic sent out that no one else at the moment is known to have, and to top it off two green cards from the post office that the contestant saved as proof that he sent his game out. Who the freak keeps the green cards? Well apparently he did.

Say that you still argue that is not as good as the box, and shirt. Big deal, say it is worth half the price of $7,000. That would mean it is still worth $3,500. Fact is that I paid $2,000 for it. So even in a worse case scenario, I am positive that I can get what I paid for it. And to make matters simple, that is all that matters.

So whether there were 35 made or 1,000 made. This thing is still pretty darn rare. Sides what matters most is how many are known to exist. Well there are 21 Atlantis II carts known to exist at the present moment. In my book that is rare. So whatever, I am tired of arguing about Atlantis II. And since in the past year I have decided to enter a couple of video game scores with Twin Galaxies, it has a personal significance to me that means much more than money. I like playing games, and trying to compete with other peoples scores, and since this is the first competition cart ever awarded to contestants than personally it is an awesome game. And ignoring financial values, I would not trade this game for any other game out there.

So whatever, it is an awesome game in my eyes, and nothing anyone can say will change my opinion.

I didn't say anything about money, yet you bring it up, why? I thought it didn't matter? :P

Well it matters to the point where I can get back what I paid for it. And since I can, it does not matter! :D :cool:

Well, that right there is what bugs me so much about your obsession, you have no love for the cart. You only care about the money attached to it. To me, if I buy an item for my collection, it matters little what I paid for it, once I get it. I paid roughly $1K for Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors combined, so what? ;)

I didn't say anything about money, yet you bring it up, why? I thought it didn't matter? :P

Well it matters to the point where I can get back what I paid for it. And since I can, it does not matter! :D :cool:

Well, that right there is what bugs me so much about your obsession, you have no love for the cart. You only care about the money attached to it. To me, if I buy an item for my collection, it matters little what I paid for it, once I get it. I paid roughly $1K for Motorodeo and Ikari Warriors combined, so what? ;)

Hmm, and what is your job again? Oh that's right you work in development for a big gaming company. What is my job again? Oh that's right, I work as a substitute teacher. If I made as much as you getting back what I paid for something would not mean as much. For you $2,000 is probably a couple of days work. For me $2,000 is over a months work. If I ever have a good job than losing my shirt on something would have less meaning. But when you are barely able to pay rent, then losing money has a different meaning.

Hmm, and what is your job again? Oh that's right you work in development for a big gaming company. What is my job again? Oh that's right, I work as a substitute teacher. If I made as much as you getting back what I paid for something would not mean as much. For you $2,000 is probably a couple of days work. For me $2,000 is over a months work. If I ever have a good job than losing my shirt on something would have less meaning. But when you are barely able to pay rent, then losing money has a different meaning.

Actually, I have only ever once purchased something for my collection with my income. ;)

P.S. The bold is for something along the lines of "That would be nice, that's $40K a month. LOL". :D

Just so us poor unwashed people can feel better about our meager collections. ;)

I used them for the obvious reason, loads have been found, you probably have both NIB yourself. My Ikari Warriors is actually vintage, I still haven't picked up a NIB one. DOH! :dunce:

Hmm, and what is your job again? Oh that's right you work in development for a big gaming company. What is my job again? Oh that's right, I work as a substitute teacher. If I made as much as you getting back what I paid for something would not mean as much.

Life is what you make of it. You could be making a 100k a year, if ya wanted. I presume you are happy with your income or you would be striving to make more. I could be making more, but I am very happy with what I do. See you in a week CPUWIZ Howell the 3rd. :D

thurston2.jpg

Just so us poor unwashed people can feel better about our meager collections. ;)

I used them for the obvious reason, loads have been found, you probably have both NIB yourself. My Ikari Warriors is actually vintage, I still haven't picked up a NIB one. DOH! :dunce:

Stop making me feel less special. :sad: ;)

If CPUWIZ is Howell, does that make me Gilligan? :o

Stop making me feel less special. :sad: ;)

If CPUWIZ is Howell, does that make me Gilligan? :o

I guess I am the Skipper, little buddy. :P