IGNORED

Atlantis II cart for sale on EBay

CannibalCat

This is almost as good as bloatedmonkey. LOL :ponder:

Sorry CannibalCat, for the derailed thread, good luck with your sale.

CPUWIZ... no problem man!, all the discussions have bumped it back up to the top of the forum anyway (which is a good thing!) I just hope the cart can make someone happy, find a good home, etc. I'm not a collector for collections sake, I'm just a player who likes what he likes...

so, are you nerds going to fight or bid on this guys auction?

ok,carry on.......

What difference does it make. It won't make the reserve. :ponder:

Haha, I actually lowered the reserve like 4 times already... I think where it is now is fair for this item.

The problem is that way too many have been sold this year. See the CNN article about this game brought a few out of the woodwork.

ok,carry on.......

Haha, I actually lowered the reserve like 4 times already... I think where it is now is fair for this item.

Listen to Homer did we? :D

ok,carry on.......

Listen to Homer did we? :D

To tell the truth this is a bad time to sell. If I were to give him advice I would suggest one of two things. 1)wait a couple of years when the market is dry. Right now this is like the 4th or 5th one being sold this year. Just too many. 2)Put a $2,000 Buy It Now, and wait. I would suspect that eventually someone would come along, and snatch it up. I doubt that anyone at first would buy it, but eventually as time passes, and it stands there tantalizing the perspective buyer, the buyer will eventually break down, and say screw it, and pull the trigger.

lets do a fact check here

I own multiple Atlantis 2 never paid more than 450 for any of them . i paid 700 for the letter alone . i want to believe the value also but in the end the numbers don't lie . its at 400 now but there is no letter with this one, no box and no shirt. I will bid 500.00 tomorrow and see what happens. my guess is the shirt is worth 2k alone. They are on eBay weekly i have bought my fair share of duds see my other posts. The letter and envelope are what set the value. I would pay ALOT for a authentic box with sticker but they are not just there . My guess is the reserve is way beyond the 500.00 the game alone is worth. At the end of the day if it gets more all the better for me. Does this one have the letter tell us some details .????? If you have a letter pm me and i will make it worth closing the auction.

I own multiple Atlantis 2 never paid more than 450 for any of them . i paid 700 for the letter alone . i want to believe the value also but in the end the numbers don't lie . its at 400 now but there is no letter with this one, no box and no shirt. I will bid 500.00 tomorrow and see what happens. my guess is the shirt is worth 2k alone. They are on eBay weekly i have bought my fair share of duds see my other posts. The letter and envelope are what set the value. I would pay ALOT for a authentic box with sticker but they are not just there . My guess is the reserve is way beyond the 500.00 the game alone is worth. At the end of the day if it gets more all the better for me. Does this one have the letter tell us some details .????? If you have a letter pm me and i will make it worth closing the auction.

Can you tell me how many Atlantis II's that you have? I take it you have the letter. Pretty cool. Can you tell me how you got these Atlantis II's? I am trying to make a list of Atlantis II owners. Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. :) Also Atlantis II's popping up every week seems to be an exaggeration.

Can you tell me how many Atlantis II's that you have? I take it you have the letter. Pretty cool. Can you tell me how you got these Atlantis II's? I am trying to make a list of Atlantis II owners. Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. :) Also Atlantis II's popping up every week seems to be an exaggeration.

LOL, I guess he does not want to respond. Well I will put him down for 2 different Atlantis II's. Since "Multiple" Means at least two. One will be a loose Atlantis II, and the other will be an Atlantis II with Docs. I know he saw my question. I swear almost all Atlantis II owners are weirdo's, including myself. :D :cool:

I only have the cart, maybe the reserve could be even lower, but it is what it is... if it doesn't sell, then I'll wait like you guys suggested. This collector's market is fickle, like the stock market, so I'm learning as I go. But thank you again for everyone's input, I do appreciate all the advice.

LOL, I guess he does not want to respond. Well I will put him down for 2 different Atlantis II's. Since "Multiple" Means at least two. One will be a loose Atlantis II, and the other will be an Atlantis II with Docs. I know he saw my question. I swear almost all Atlantis II owners are weirdo's, including myself. :D :cool:

You add people just because they say they have it? I have a NIB Air Raid.

You add people just because they say they have it? I have a NIB Air Raid.

Well Atlantis II is a special case. Since it is the only super rare game I own, I am a little more lenient on putting people on the list. I guess you could say that I don't want to look like I am trying to manipulate the list for my own gain.

As with any of these rarity lists, there's a reasonable amount of error. I think some sort of proof is needed or it needs to come from a seasoned collector before you start adding entries.

What was the reserve price if you don't mind revealing?

I think a higher starting price w/o reserve is probably better, or best offer option and let the bids come to you.

Thank you for the 5 hours to respond to your question. In response yes i have 2 Atlantis 2 carts that are genuine and 1 fake follow my posts recent Atlantis 2 purchase. As i stated the value of the cart alone is 500.00 with out the letter . yes i have 1 original letter and envelope. i would pay 500 us for a a2 cart alone because that is its value in absence of paperwork. The value i would like to be higher also but the auctions don't lie. What was the reserve 700.00. ? When i said they appear on eBay a lot i did not mean everyday but more often than say cakewalk or some other 9 carts.

Thank you for the 5 hours to respond to your question. In response yes i have 2 Atlantis 2 carts that are genuine and 1 fake follow my posts recent Atlantis 2 purchase. As i stated the value of the cart alone is 500.00 with out the letter . yes i have 1 original letter and envelope. i would pay 500 us for a a2 cart alone because that is its value in absence of paperwork. The value i would like to be higher also but the auctions don't lie. What was the reserve 700.00. ? When i said they appear on eBay a lot i did not mean everyday but more often than say cakewalk or some other 9 carts.

Is the envelope to the Atlantis II two page letter or is it an envelope to something else? And again where did you get these games?

. The paperwork was purchased from a fellow collector who had found it and liquidated it after selling his collection due to illness . both cartridges were eBay auctions . the third you see in my posts was not such a great value:{ . The box i still don't have that the game shipped in or the shipping envelope as i have never seen these offered for sale. i have both of the 2 piece i magic defend Atlantis and enclosed you will find. The envelope i am referring to is just i magic stationary not related to the game but displays very well:]

Edited by pinelands