IGNORED

Ebay Rules - Do I have to allow buyers with a (0) to bid?

shadowdoggie

Yes, you can cancel 0 feedback bidders.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

eBay doesn't like it, but you have the ability.

Also, I've seen plenty of auctions where the seller stipulates "I will cancel bidders with a feedback rating of X or less." Again, not expressly against eBay policy, but not expressly sanctioned either.

I've suggested that eBay allow feedback levels be set for bidding, but that idea has of course gone nowhere.

I have had this, or people with (1) leading on a couple of my auctions for a few days, which made me nervous. Fortunately, someone else outbid them both times - and this will probably happen to you as well. :) When I looked, I did not see such an option. Ebay does not want to discourage new users from making them money on your selling fees, so I doubt there is a way to do this.

Hi everyone.

I have a (0) feedback ebayer bidding on one of my auctions. Am I allowed to cancel his bid, or do I have to let him bid on my item?

Tks!

You can set the feedback rating number minimum in buyer options if you don't want them to be able to bid. Then you don't need to cancel bids. However, I have not had problems with low or zero feedback bidders, it has been maybe luck, but they pay.

If Ebay would require INSTANT payment for auction listings - for sniped bids (which encompasses most auctions I've seen) at the last minute, things would go a lot smoother for the seller. Sure, if you enter a high bid a long time before it ends, I don't see how it could be done....but the system knows what time you placed that snipe bid - about 30-15 seconds before it ended so it should figure you're online watching. Dreaming, I know. Can't stand snipers who take a week to pay. Can't understand at all bidding on ***ANYTHING*** without being ready to pay immediately, but what do I know?

If Ebay would require INSTANT payment for auction listings - for sniped bids (which encompasses most auctions I've seen) at the last minute, things would go a lot smoother for the seller. Sure, if you enter a high bid a long time before it ends, I don't see how it could be done....but the system knows what time you placed that snipe bid - about 30-15 seconds before it ended so it should figure you're online watching. Dreaming, I know. Can't stand snipers who take a week to pay. Can't understand at all bidding on ***ANYTHING*** without being ready to pay immediately, but what do I know?

Most snipers use sniping programs and are NOT watching when it ends.

Most snipers use sniping programs and are NOT watching when it ends.

True but if a program can place a bid for you then it is possible to create one that would also pay for you at the same time.

If all bidders had to pay when they when bid (credit card/paypal hold removed after auction ends) it would for sure cut back on non paying bidders. It might reduce the number of sales in general as those who sometimes pay do still sometimes pay. Ebay could care less about seller headaches so it would never happen. Now if buyers paid the fees and not the sellers then I'm sure you would start to see some of these safeguards in place.

Hi everyone.

I have a (0) feedback ebayer bidding on one of my auctions. Am I allowed to cancel his bid, or do I have to let him bid on my item?

Tks!

You can set the feedback rating number minimum in buyer options if you don't want them to be able to bid. Then you don't need to cancel bids. However, I have not had problems with low or zero feedback bidders, it has been maybe luck, but they pay.

OK, I'll have to double check that section. I only saw the option to not allow bidders with a negative feedback rating OR with a low feedback rating IF they have bid on several of your items in the past X number of days.

You can always try sending a friendly email to bidder and tell him/her your concerns. You can then kind of "feel" them out before cancelling their bid.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Kid/Grandpa seemed decent enough - said all the right things. Just the fact that he responded to my email meant something.