IGNORED

FS: Atari Jaguar ROTARY CONTROLLER for Tempest 2000

smoothlando

For Sale: An Atari Jaguar ROTARY CONTROLLER for Tempest 2000!!!

Atari never produced a rotary controller. this is the only way to play Tempest 2000 the way it was meant to be played!

This is a one-of-a-kind arcade controller for use with any Atari Jaguar game. The joystick is great for fighting games or side-scrollers.

The controller has HAPP brand arcade-quality parts and craftsmanship.

For sale on eBay right now:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1604578874081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160457887408&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

post-2638-127950460927_thumb.jpg

I won the auction!!!! I used eSnipe, for the very first time, but I put a big bid in at exactly 30 seconds to go anyway.

Smoothlando, Please pack this controller up really good for me, the post office is brutal in my hood man. Big items will move around in the box if you don't fill/stuff/pack it entirely with lots of padding materials. I don't want crushing stress on that joystick. Use a big ass strong box and pack it solid with newspapers, bubblewrap, etc. But I would not recommend styrofoam peanuts(too light and giving) because it will still allow movement in the box! Please don't let me get a smashed box with a big gash on the side and a crooked joystick from bending pressure under tons of other mail. I will give you excellent AAAA++++ feedback here, on jaguarsector.com & ebay of course, if you can get it here undamaged. My ebay id: noel52-57. I'm in Arizona.

I got ripped,...orlando pulled a smooth one on me I just wrote him this in an eBay PM:

HELLO EVERYTHINGLANDO :(,

YOUR CONTROLLER IS TOTALLY MESSED THE HELL-UP!!!!! MAAAAN!? WTH! IS WITH YOU?, DID YOU TRY TO PLAY T2K OR TREVOR MCFUR WITH IT -YOU CAN'T. THE STICK CENTERS YOUR PLAYER(STICKS IT) TO THE LEFT USUALLY OR THE RIGHT AND IS MESSED UP! THE MIDDLE RED BUTTON (B-BUTTON) DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, NOT AT ALL!!! AND YOU SAID THE SPINNER KNOB ONLY!! WAS THE ONLY THING NON-HAPP, BUT...YOU NEGLECTED TO MENTION THE PRIMITIVE ENCODER UNDERNEATH WAS ALSO FROM THE 2600 DRIVING CONTROLLER!!(USELESS ON JAG), IT TAKES 20 (TWENTY) COMPLETE REVOLUTIONS TO GO AROUND THE SIMPLEST WEB IN T2K. YOU CANNOT PLAY LIKE THAT! THIS ARCADE SETUP IS TOTALLY BUNK, I WILL BE SENDING THIS BACK TO YOU FOR A FULL REFUND, MONDAY. WHAT ADDRESS DO I USE TO SHIP TO YOU BACK THIS THING...THE ONE ON THE RETURN LABEL OF THE BOX????...COLLEGEVILLE, PA??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY!! I AM VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED!! THOUGHT I WAS GETTING ARCADE QUALITY BOX CONTROLLER FOR JAG. ANGRY, NOEL52-57 :( :( :(

This is fucked up man, now I have to spend $30.00 ship it back to this dude. :x

Getting hosed on ePay by Star Wars fans... :rolling:

post-13896-12808900537_thumb.png

...on a serious note, I believe the 2600's driving controller *is* all that's needed for Tempest to operate properly. I've read that time and time again. Perhaps it was just wired up incorrectly or something (doubtful) happened in transit? Did the seller claim to have tested this before shipping? That was quite the rant, I hope it doesn't end up to be something as simple as a wire or two coming loose! lol

Edited by save2600

No, the 2600 driving encoder is something like a 12 step encoder, it is not nearly advanced or sensitive enough to run T2K, you would need at least a 32 step encoder, really 36 step as Tyrant and Chaos Rains uses. If you have ever tried to play T2K with a 2600 driving encoder you would know what I mean.

I believe the 2600's driving controller *is* all that's needed for Tempest to operate properly. I've read that time and time again.

There is no way you can play the game when you have to spin the hell out of the 2600 driving controller to get to the other side of the web in time to keep the demons down in their hole. It requires 15-20 revolutions to get around the first web completely. I'm sorry that is no way to play T2K. ;)

Please read this again, and think about playing like this:

(USELESS ON JAG), IT TAKES 20 (TWENTY) COMPLETE REVOLUTIONS TO GO AROUND THE SIMPLEST WEB IN T2K. YOU CANNOT PLAY LIKE THAT!

That was quite the rant, I hope it doesn't end up to be something as simple as a wire or two coming loose!

With the B button being completely NON-FUNCTIONAL and the Joystick sticking your player to the left and not moving right and left, only up and down, it is obvious that this unit is wired wrong and with ***poor connections***. You better believe I am going to rant if I pay $168.00 for an arcade stick setup and it is all non-functional. I am not the one in the wrong here it is him who sold it in that condition. If I have to go through that controller and try to figure out the rats nest mess he has in there, with ****LOOSLY twisted on and friggin' Black electrical TAPED-UP connections**** and figure out the proper wiring and then solder all the connections up, I might as well build one myself!!! -just buy a $15.00 HAPP stick + five $3.00 buttons(already priced @ happcontrols.com), and throw it in a box myself - you know what I mean???

Bottom line: I didn't pay $168.00 to fix his shoddyness, If I am going to pay that money I WANT IT WORKING!!! Otherwise I will build one my own damnself-that's exactly what I plan on doing. Nothing came loose in transit, it was built very poorly and if it was being graded in a class it would recieve and F-.

I will be building one myself properly with my Metcal Soldering Station, not black electrical tape and loosly twisted on connections. ;) Only thing he had that was really good was the box itself,(it was cool) I have to build a box or find one to convert.

Edited by ovalbugmann

You better believe I am going to rant if I pay $168.00 for an arcade stick setup and it is all non-functional. I am not the one in the wrong here it is him who sold it in that condition.

Indeed! Wasn't implying you were in the wrong - was just hoping the problem might have been simpler. For $50, the thing would be worth looking into, but for $138 + shipping, should have worked as advertised. Since it appears to be FUBAR'd, you shouldn't even have to pay the $30 to send it back!

So did he ever reply with an explanation? $168 *is* a lot of money for something like this that wasn't tested. :(

Edited by save2600

I added some more stuff to my above long post. :)

You see much of my anger in this is the dissapointment of not being able to use it as-is and having to do all the work on it just to use it for the first time properly. I was going to just keep it and rebuild it as I had priced the $15.00 stick and $3.00 buttons, but I couldn't justify paying $168.00 for that and the cool box with all of my labor needing to go into it, so I just sent it back.

He just said I am sorry you were not happy with it when I told him I will be shipping it back.

He should refund my initial shipping the price + shipping, but he put on his auction page under return policy that the customer must pay return shipping, so it cost me $33.00 the other day to ship it back to him -not expecting that in the refund, oh well you want something done right you have to do it yourself! :P